WOO! I am back from vacation and so tickled to pieces.
I LOVE vacation, but I LOVE coming home just as much.
I spent today getting everything unpacked, resorted, clothes thrown out of the closet and taken to Value Village, a few loving pats to my yarn (it was starting to get worried, thinking I’d never return), realized I put on 4 lbs while away and basically settled in.
So here is a quick recap of my vacation! (Plus my BIG NEWS!!)
- Flew to Portland, Oregon
- Rented a car
- Stayed in the Hyatt Place hotel
- Knitted on the Gap-tastic cowl
- Went to the Oregon Zoo
- Shopped like you cannot believe (my fella is a SHOPPER… I can barely keep up with him. What a dream man. He helps me shop!)
- Ate tons of delicious food
- Hiked up Multhomah Falls. Wow I am OUT of shape apparently. Little old ladies were passing me. I gasped. I wheezed. I complained like a 2 year old.
- Drove to the coast to visit Cannon Beach. Walked on the beach. Got bird pooed on. GASP!! Had to drive 2 hours back to the hotel.
- Ate Voodoo Dounugts, donuts, doughuts…. how on EARTH do you spell dou-gh-nuts… there. Think I got it. I got maple bacon. YUM!
- Got engaged. BAHHA HAAHA! Snuck that in on ya, didn’t I? I was suspecting it on this trip, but didn’t know when.
- Drove to Seattle.
- Stayed at Hotel Deca.
- Ate and knitted in the Space Needle.
- Saw the Chihuly Glass gardens. Gorgeous.
- Watched Elysium at the IMAX, which I thought was a dome theater and I was WRONG. Meh.
- Went to the Seattle Art Museum. I didn’t know why I kept seeing signs about SAM. Who is this SAM person, I kept thinking? I finally figured it out.
- Rode the Seattle Great Wheel. Was scared like all get out the first time around, but chilled out and enjoyed the next few revolutions.
- Touched sticky (alive) things at the aquarium. Squealed and jumped.
- Saw the gross gum wall. EW!
- Drank 4 bubble teas.
- Went to the music museum.
- Ate tons more delicious food. (Fav place in Portland was Tasty and Sons. Fav place in Seattle was Toulouse Petit)
- Shopped till we dropped.
- Nearly had a heart attack over the crazy city drivers. OMG. If I ever move to a big city, it must have public transportation. Driving gives me the heeby jeebies at the best of times. But in a city? NO WAY. Thank God Tim can drive through cities like nobody’s business, or we would have been up a crick without a paddle.
- Went to a wedding. It was beautiful. Tim officiated it. My good friends Michael and Max got married. It was sweet and lovely and the reception was at Phinney’s Pub and Eatery… Glorious times.
- Drove back to Portland to say a final fairwell to some friends there.
- Jumped on a plane after waddling around the airport for hours.
- Got home.
And here we are!!! WHEW!
I’m sure I missed TONS of amazing stuff, but that’s the sum of it!
In yarn news:
1. I finished my GAP-tastic cowl! WOO HOO!
Pattern is here on Ravelry.
Yarn is 3 skeins of my BUTTERSCOTCH superwash merino wool yarn. Yarn held double to make a bulky weight.
I LOVE. LOVE. LOOOOOVVEE this pattern. Love this cowl. It’s so squishy. Stretchy. Comfy.
OH! I used Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off, which is my go-to bind off. Highly recommended.
This makes for a quick project if you need a last-minute gift. I am SO gonna be living in this thing come winter.
2. I started a sweater! (Picture up at the top!)
Yarn: Again, my BUTTERSCOTCH superwash merino wool in worsted weight. I think I’ll need 5 skeins but we shall see.
I don’t think it’s going to fit. EEK! It’s really tiny because I didn’t do a gauge swatch and I just started knitting the XS size. EGADS! Turns out my gauge is tighter than the pattern calls for, so I’m basically making an XXS, when in fact I really needed a S. Oh, well.
I’ll finish it, keep my fingers crossed for a miracle and we’ll see what happens. Sounds like a sound plan to me.
3. I am officially back working TOMORROW and will start dyeing up lots of new shades for you. I am sooo excited to get back in the yarn dyeing swing of things and I will of course keep you updated.
Have a sensational night. You must. I told you to. HA HA!!
We’ll talk soon!