Possibly The Cutest Booties I’ve Ever Seen

bonita patterns booties pattern

by Chandi on June 8, 2013

These crocheted booties are possibly the cutest I’ve ever seen. Ever.

As such, I’ll keep my words to a minimum and shower you with loads of pictures.

The yarn is my Macaw worsted wt wool (takes 3 skeins).

The pattern is by Bonita Patterns (love her stuff!).

I loved making these! I highly recommend the pattern!

crocodile stitch crochet booties pattern

crocodile stitch crochet booties pattern

crocodile stitch crochet booties pattern

crocodile stitch crochet booties pattern

crocodile stitch crochet booties pattern

crocodile stitch crochet booties pattern

crocodile stitch crochet booties pattern

crocodile stitch crochet booties pattern

crocodile stitch crochet booties pattern

Aren’t they CUTE?!?!

Do DO let me know what you think about them!

Until next time… Chandi

About the author

Chandi Hi, I'm Chandi! I'm a self-professed lover of all things yarn. I'm an avid knitter, crocheter, wool dyer, fleece and roving spinner and occasional felter! I offer beautiful, inspiring, hand-painted yarns and deliver the best of all yarn-related tutorials I can on my blog.

{ 46 comments… read them below or add one }

Joni Black June 8, 2013 at 11:23 pm

I have the pattern – just have never made them – but this has inspired me for sure.. will pick up some yarn from you for these, since I need 3 balls! They look adorable on you and your yarn lends itself to the pattern. love them~

Jennifer June 10, 2013 at 4:19 am

any chance you could send me the pattern, please? I can’t seem to get the link to work…..
thanks so very much!

Melodee June 8, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Absolutely love them. They are so cute and I (of course) love the colors. One question, are they slippery on wooden floors like sox are?

Chandi June 9, 2013 at 12:00 am

I haven’t really noticed that they are!

heather June 9, 2013 at 2:52 am

There is a puff paint type product specifically for slipper grip, or you could sew patches of suede to the bottoms for traction…. Just be sure to apply either when the slippers are stretched like they would be on your feet :)

Chrisi June 8, 2013 at 11:34 pm

A-DOR-A-BLE!

Dena June 8, 2013 at 11:38 pm

You are so darn cute!!!!!! And the booties are divine!!!!

Corinne June 8, 2013 at 11:44 pm

I have this pattern for babies, can’t wait to try it out

Carol June 9, 2013 at 12:20 am

LOVE THEM!! I’ve been thinking about buying the pattern for a while now. Unemployed…so it may be a while. They are perfect!

Noreen June 9, 2013 at 12:25 am

I love her patterns and your booties are gorgeous :-)

Lynette June 9, 2013 at 12:40 am

I made a pair of these for my mother-in-law for Mother’s Day. She absolutely loves them! I did put “puffy paint” on the bottoms in case of slipping issues. I haven’t made any for myself yet, but I’m planning to when winter rolls back around!

Janie Waters June 9, 2013 at 12:42 am

I am seriously considering converting this pattern to a knit pattern. Since it’s just a basic “bootie” with leaves, the leaves could be done in short rows. I am just not prepared to learn more crochet skills…. ;)

Lanna June 9, 2013 at 1:02 am

I love them and all my Granddaughters would love them too. I so want the pattern for these if possible, please?????

Trina Mechling June 9, 2013 at 1:28 am

OMG these are the cutest and I love the colors in the yarn. I have been eyeing that yarn but seeing it made into something really shows off the brightness of the colors.

heather June 9, 2013 at 2:47 am

These are so fun! I love them!

angie June 9, 2013 at 8:46 am

Love these boots, definitely making some!

Lucy Betts June 9, 2013 at 11:07 am

These are just gorgeous! Love the pattern and yarn really makes them – fabulous!

Carol Samsel June 9, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I’ve been seeing similar ones on Pinterest and loving them these look so adorable and fun!! Off to check out the pattern and yarns :)

Cyn Bliss June 9, 2013 at 4:09 pm

As I read the email, I thought, great I can make these BFF for her 1st grandbaby. Then I saw the pics and thought, “NO WAY,” these are for me and my BFF instead….EVEN BETTER. Just ordered my first yarns and can’t wait to get them and now need to get some more for these cuties!!! I’ll have to check with Bonita… to see if they can be made in baby or kid sizes too, then maybe the grandkid will get a pair!

Genie February 28, 2014 at 9:52 pm

I looked at the pattern, which is shown in all one color. I love your yarn, and the way it makes these booties really pop, but I don’t understand how the rows of colors could be so perfect (what about the different sizes?), or the leaves turn out to be all one color. I’m afraid I would end up with one big ol’ multi-color SPLAT! Can you give me a clue how it works out like that?

Kathryn Houseman Lobert June 9, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Can the pattern be reformed for knitters?

Charlene June 9, 2013 at 5:12 pm

How awesome are those booties, loving the colors. I see myself putting them on after a long day at work. You rock them too!!

melly June 9, 2013 at 9:14 pm

i am IN LOVE. i put the pattern on my birthday wishlist, so hopefully i’ll get it and be able to knock some out for christmas presents! (after i make my own, of course!)

Jennifer June 10, 2013 at 4:16 am

hello – must be me but, I can’t seem to get the bonita link to work to go get the pattern for these super cute booties!!! Please help? Thanks!

Anne Petrie June 10, 2013 at 10:58 pm

From Mississauga, Ontario Canada.

Chandi, they are absolutely adorable! When the email said bootees I thought they were for babies. Goes to show that adults are entitled to have cute things are their feet too!

Dee Brown June 11, 2013 at 12:01 am

Yours Yarn and her Patterns???? a match made in heaven. Do I smell a kit collaboration??????

Lacaria Genereaux June 12, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Hi! Love the booties also and would like to see them converted for knitting!

sweety June 12, 2013 at 5:40 pm

hi….this pattern is really adorable…..pls can u send me the pattern pls pls pls….

Marion Tysnes June 14, 2013 at 11:31 pm

I just bought this pattern – and am a little intimidated, because I am not an expert crafter…… But yay, are they cute :)

TerryLee Diemert June 18, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I really love these booties but i don;t crochet, wish they could do a knitted version of them.
TerryLee

Renee' June 23, 2013 at 12:38 am

In less than 10 minutes, I’ve “Liked” them, “Pinned” them, and tried to forward this post to everyone I know! They are WONDERFUL, FUN, COLORFUL, AND besides making a pair for every mood I think I’ve found my homemade gift for all the ladies in the family for the holidays! Thanks Chandi!

Laurie July 8, 2013 at 8:49 am

I made two pair at Christmas as gifts. The recipients love them and I had fun making them. Am now attempting the “loafer” version which are also cute. I love the colour combos you used, Chandi, and the way they are different. Beautiful work as always!

Louise July 18, 2013 at 1:10 am

Bought the pattern a little while ago, but I had to finish my SpiderMan blanket for my GS before I started these. I have the soles made for one pair (I crochet 1 in the yarn I’m using to make the botties & knitted 1 in phentex in one of the colours from the yarn) Phentex does not wear out so I will so I will not have to make more than 1 pair per person… I have quite a few pairs to make for Christmas this year. Also just found out I’m going to be a Memere again – so need to make baby things. They will find out in August the sex, hoping for a girl this time… I need to make PINK things. Louise

Louise September 5, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I made a little 8 year old friend a pair last Christmas, they were a hit! Need to make some big people ones!

Sheryl December 28, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Could someone please send me a copy of the pattern

Tammy January 15, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Where do I find the pattern for the booties with the croc stitch on top for crochet?

Heather Currie January 21, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Can’t find the pattern, would love to make these

mirian olaya mogollon February 10, 2014 at 12:31 am

Muy lindos zapatitos pero por favor si pudieran poner los diagramas se los agradeceré mucho

Lynn February 17, 2014 at 5:45 am

I would love this pattern, I think they are the cutest slippers ever

Bonnie Adams February 23, 2014 at 12:45 am

is their a pattern for knitters for these booties- I am a new knitter with some experience.
Thank you!

Betty Carter March 9, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Can’t get to the pattern….could you suggest a way….

Nicole March 24, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Hi there love these boots ! Was just wondering what the name is of the stitch used on the front and side of the boot?? Thanks so much.
Nicole

Chandi March 26, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Crocodile stitch. :)

jocelyn earle May 7, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Just found your page…. And I just love your crocodile Boots, I am going to have a go and make some.

Roxann Stetzer July 6, 2014 at 12:34 am

here is the link to Bonita’s shop, this is a paid for pattern, so it isn’t legal to share it for free here, plus she worked hard on them, so it’s only fair that you purchase your own copy.

They are adorable, and I’m going to buy my copy right now!!

elaine July 10, 2014 at 10:06 pm

hi these i have to say LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. i would love to have this pattern. please sent it to my personal email address. lovetocrochet61@yahoo.com

thanks in advance