It’s been an emotional, beautiful, exciting day of change and milestones.
My handsome nephew and stunning now-niece got married and are now off to Las Vegas.
They look like a superstar couple.
I got to be a bridesmaid! I’m the short, dark-haired one on the end.
I must be getting older and more sentimental because my shoulders started shaking and I was on the verge of bawling as she began walking down the aisle. I cried when she read her vows. I cried when they kissed. I teared up when they danced their first dance. I sniffled when she danced with her dad. Sheesh! It was just so beautiful.
Why did I keep crying? I think it’s just the fact that it means change (which is good), and a shifting, and that new lives will soon be born and that we all move along on the cycle of life and eventually fade off to make way for the new ones. It’s beautiful and emotional and sad all at the same time.
I’m so happy for them and so in love with my whole family and all our friends.
So now that that is finished and all is well and I’m back home in North Pole from vacation, yarn things will begin to crank out!
1. I am moving into my new “studio” / living quarters, which excites me to no end! I am designing it completely around the yarn and will post pictures of course. I will be including an area for photo shoots and videos, as I plan on doing tutorials for you: knitting/crocheting/dyeing/spinning/felting/etc. Please let me know any specific requests you might have!
2. On the knitting front, I am just working on a “boring” gray garter stitch scarf. I posted a picture of it on instagram (@expressionfiberarts) and facebook asking who knits mostly boring pieces vs. statement pieces. (Most everyone said boring)
I used to always pick out crazy yarn colors, make flamboyant items and then hardly ever wear them. As I’m getting older, I find myself knitting more boring pieces, like gray, cream or black scarfs and wearing them virtually daily!
I figured up I’d probably wear a good basic piece about 100 times at least (probably more) and a unique piece maybe 5 times. It just makes sense for me to knit/crochet more basic pieces and really get my wear out of them.
Not to say I want everything to be boring. There are some items that can easily be made with colorful, brilliant yarn, like socks, or baby things.
But I’m really thankful for this clarity.
3. I will begin Monday to dye up the colors for all orders that came in during my vacation and once those are dry, I’ll get them shipped off. (And thank you for each order! I feel so grateful for each one of you!)
4. And thank you all for your wonderful comments on my last, vulnerable post. I shared a part of my heart and was so touched (yes, on the verge of tears) with each of your comments. Thank you!
5. If you haven’t yet, you can enter to win a $25 gift certificate to our shop by clicking this link, entering your email address and name and then liking our Facebook page. Last day to enter is August 10th!
Much love from me! More updates soon. Have a blessed day…