That’s a blurry selfie of me in the gym today! As mentioned in my last post, I have to lose about 5 lbs to fit comfortably into my wedding dress.
I have been wanting to lose about that much since the beginning of this year… and I keep losing hope and giving up.
So I’m determined this time.
And I need your help!
Here’s what I’m doing:
- Working out 5-6 days a week, focusing primarily on building muscle, rather than cardio, but will add in cardio come December
- Cutting out all sugar and grains
- Eating mainly meats, veggies, healthy fats
- Drinking lots of a water with stevia (sweetleaf) drops (I like the clear, root beer and english toffee the best so far!)
So the first 4 days, I lost 3 lbs, but I think that was mainly food weight.
At first, I wigged out a bit… felt shaky, hot, and just plain WEIRD. I googled it and it said that is normal when cutting out carbs, so that’s good.
Wellllll…. I kinda fell off the bandwagon. AGAIN! I just crave carbs and sugary foods SOOOO much! So yep.
Day 5 I started to fall and I fell HARD. Over the next few days, I ate McDonalds, sprites, pretzels with cheese, pretzels with peanut butter, candy, truffles, brownies, ice cream… I could go on.
And I’ve leveled out and haven’t lost any more weight. Boo hoo!
This is dang hard work!
But… I’ve leveled back out now and am trying to be balanced and not so extreme.
I got some comments on my last post (via email and facebook too) saying I don’t need to lose weight, but just have the dress adjusted to my current size.
Here are the reasons I DON’T want to do that.
1. I have already spent WAY WAY WAYYYYYY too much money on dresses already. I mean, WAY too much. I don’t want to spend another dime on alterations.
2. I want to take control of my body and lose the weight ANYWAYS. I don’t believe in just “settling” or thinking “I’m good enough.”
It’s the way I live the rest of my life…. a paradox of completely LOVING myself the way I am, but always striving for MORE/BETTER.
Whenever I get too big for my clothes, I lose the weight. I don’t go buy bigger clothes. Period.
So I hope that makes sense and helps to clear things up a bit!
I don’t in any way think I’m not good enough so that I “have to change me, not the dress.”
I just know I can be better and do better and it makes me happy to try!
I’ve had my fair share of body issues in my life, like anybody does, but I’m working to really love myself the way I am, while moving towards the better body I know I can always have. So yay!
Now I need your help!
If you have ANY tips on how to quickly and safely lose weight/tone up, and/or good gym workouts for women, DOOOOO let me know!!
I am DETERMINED to get down to where I feel good once and for all. I cannot stand feeling sloppy and chubby. Yuck.
So let me know!!! And I’ll have some knitting/crocheting updates in my next post!