•Crocheted CALM COWL – Finished Object!

/, Crochet Patterns, Finished Objects, Scarves and Cowls, Silk Yarn/•Crocheted CALM COWL – Finished Object!

•Crocheted CALM COWL – Finished Object!

calm cowl finished object

I finished crocheting this gorgeous Calm Cowl and just had to tell you about it!

YARN: I used my Shimmering Cashmere yarn… isn’t it scrumptious? So shimmery, due to the silk, and butter soft, from the cashmere. The shine, the richness of the colors… so REDONK! (I held all the yarn double)

-The black is some scrap yarn I had.

-The cream color is this yarn undyed. (If you’d like me to list some natural/undyed versions of my yarn, let me know!) Less than 1 skein held double.

-The blue is called BLUE VELVET and is listed here, while it lasts. (This shade comes and goes and may or may not be available when you read this post, but you can see all the other gorgeous colors listed at that link!) I used less than 1 skein, held double. If you’re making this all in one color, you’ll need about 2 skeins for the size I made and 3 for the pattern size. 4 if you want a really widddddde cowl.

easy beginning cowl pattern

PATTERN: Calm Cowl by Suzana Davidovic. I followed the pattern as-is, I just shortened it. So I quit crocheting sooner than the pattern called for.

crochet cowl pattern easy

HOOK: 5.5mm (I)

MODIFICATIONS: None, really, other than stopping before the pattern said to, so my cowl isn’t as wide as the original. In all honesty, I love chunky cowls and really liked the original version, but I had so many other projects going that I wanted to get this one finished. Eep! The truth comes out! 😉

beginner crochet cowl

OPINIONS: This was a grrreat pattern that I recommend to anybody, noobs included. Yep, even beginners can tackle this one. It was super simple, easy to follow and can be adjusted… so basically crochet until you run out of yarn and then finish off! I LOVE projects like that!

Let me know what you think in the comments below! Would you make this? Wear it?

Alrighty, we’ll chat soon. I’m off to list more colors for you so be on the lookout! Eep! Fun stuff.

Bye now…

XOXOXO

By | 2017-09-04T14:05:02+00:00 January 16th, 2014|Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Finished Objects, Scarves and Cowls, Silk Yarn|16 Comments

1. Ally and Woozle January 16, 2014 at 8:31 pm - Reply

Very nice! You look beautiful ^_^ This blue yarn is great
    Ally

2. Claudia January 17, 2014 at 2:35 am - Reply

The cowl looks very easy and quick to make. That’s my kind of crocheting project!

3. Pam January 17, 2014 at 2:52 am - Reply

Really beautiful. Love the cowl and the yarn.

4. Karen Wolk January 17, 2014 at 5:34 pm - Reply

Lovely cowl. I WOULD like the chance to buy some of this yarn undyed.

5. Angie January 18, 2014 at 12:36 am - Reply

I just love this! I am new at crochet . When you say (2) does that mean you use one strand from each skein? So I understand.
    I love all of your wonderful yarn and the beautiful items you make. You inspire me to move forward!

Angie

6. Christy January 18, 2014 at 1:31 am - Reply

You rock that cowl. Beautiful soft colors. Ps you look amazing

7. Renee January 18, 2014 at 1:50 am - Reply

Very beautiful cowl. I like the look and how easy. I’d probably make several in different colors and textures for work;-)
    Also looks like a great first project for my 10 year old to learn so we can sit and have some “us” time! Thanks for sharing the pattern and finished project.

8. Helena January 18, 2014 at 7:08 am - Reply

So beautiful work!
    I love the result!
    looks beautiful!
    Have a fab weekend my dear!

9. Ginny January 19, 2014 at 3:44 am - Reply

I think the cowl is beautiful! Love the colors used. It looks so great on you. I would definitely make it using these colors!

10. Carolee Brown January 21, 2014 at 10:47 pm - Reply

How can I get a copy of this cowl and the other one you were working on last month. It had some blue in it and looked like some dangling pieces of yarn?
    Thank you. Carolee

11. Karen Wolk January 24, 2014 at 4:03 am - Reply

I love it, It’s gorgeous. The black gives it that extra UMPH, that forces the other two colors to POP.

12. Stephanie Buter January 30, 2014 at 12:02 am - Reply

really like this, but have never crocheted. what are my changes of this turning out to my satisfaction as my 1st project????

13. Lynda M Otvos April 11, 2014 at 9:49 am - Reply

Yes, indeed, I would wear that cowl. I’d like to make that cowl. I have the perfect yarn too…

14. SuZ Bolton January 15, 2015 at 5:37 am - Reply

Just last night, I went through my cowl patterns, looking for the one I want to do next. This is the one I chose! I will do it in just one color. A few days ago, I also sent the pattern and several others to my daughter. I just got off the phone with her and this is her favorite also!

15. Cheryl Gallo January 25, 2016 at 12:00 pm - Reply

I’m making this cowl, which is a very easy pattern. However I have one question. At beginning of row when I chain 2 for “first single crochet”, is that considered a single crochet+chain 1? Meaning I would start the next row with a sc right next to the chain? Or do i sc in next ch 1 space after actual sc? I think what’s throwing me is typically I’ve seen ch 1 for sc and the pattern says ch 2.

• Chandi January 29, 2016 at 1:15 pm - Reply

It would be best to ask the designer so I don’t tell you wrong. I’ve seen it both ways in various patterns but typically for scs I don’t count the ch 1 as the first one or it leaves a gap.