OMG! These boot toppers are so cute! And really quick and easy to make.
Great for quick gifts that have a big impact!
AND! The pattern is adjustable. You can just make them longer (just knit the stockinette portion for as long as you like) and they are leg warmers instead of boot toppers! Woop woop!
Alright, alright! I’ll quit blathering on and tell ya how I made these adorable boot cuffs.
Step 1: GATHER SUPPLIES!
NEEDLES: US Size 9 dpns or circulars if doing the Magic Loop Method (which I do), plus a darning needle for sewing in ends
YARN: Any DK weight or worsted weight (I used my REFLECTION Dk weight superwash merino wool… limited edition, so it might be sold out by the time you read this post). You’ll need approximately 75 grams of DK wt wool, so 1 skein was all it took for me.
Step 2: START KNITTING! YAY!
Okay here’s the pattern… don’t blink or you might miss it!
- CO 52 stitches and divide among your needles. Join for working in the round, making sure to not twist your stitches.
- Work K2,P2 ribbing for 2 inches.
- Work stockinette stitch (knitting every stitch every round) for 7 MORE inches. Total of 9 inches at this point.
- Work K2,P2 ribbing for another 2 inches.
- BO using a stretchy bind off, like Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off.