Bohemian Barefoot Sandals – Free Crochet Pattern!

/, Crochet Patterns, Finished Objects, Travel Updates/Bohemian Barefoot Sandals – Free Crochet Pattern!

Bohemian Barefoot Sandals – Free Crochet Pattern!

You can make this pair of cute bohemian barefoot sandals in less than an hour! Can ya dig it??

I whipped these up for my niece to wear after her wedding was over, during the reception, since the event is outside in the grass. Are they too cute or what?

These would be perfect for little girls or for anybody that is earthy and natural and free and loves bohemian, gypsy, hippie, boho chic things. I do so love them!

Since I’m still in Arkansas on vacation, these were taken out in the 100 degree weather, on a rock wall near my pa’s house. Yes, I call my dad Pa and my mom, Ma, cuz I grew up watching Little House on the Prairie. And I want to, that’s why. 🙂

Seriously, though, I had my pajamas on and just held this gorgeous skirt over the barefoot “shoes” for the photo shoot. “Hehehe,” she snickered sneakily. But who can tell? Not me!

These can be laced up in a variety of ways, like a ballerina as shown (although I’m not sure they’d really stay up like that) or like a gladiator shoe type thing. Or whatevs. I just think they are adorable and only learned about barefoot sandals a few days ago!

20120725-143648.jpg

20120725-143658.jpg

20120725-143708.jpg

20120725-143717.jpg

20120725-143726.jpg

20120725-143735.jpg

20120725-143742.jpg

20120725-143757.jpg

20120725-143803.jpg

Ha! These pictures crack me up. These were all my feetsies so I can say that. HE HE HE! It’s so weird doing a photo shoot, not being able to see what’s happening! The skirt was way too huge to see over!

So here’s the pattern for ya.

Bohemian Barefoot Sandals – Free Crochet Pattern

Ravelry Link

Yarn: Basic cream worsted weight cotton (didn’t have the brand name, it was just a cone of yarn and it only takes a wee bit. Not very many yards at all.)

Hook: H/8 – 5.00mm

-Ch 11, join with a sl st in the first ch to form a ring.

-Ch 4, 2 dc in 3rd chain from hook. Turn.

-Ch 2. Dc in same st as the ch 2 is coming from and in each dc across. Dc in ch 2 from previous round. So you’ve just increased 1 st. Turn.

-Repeat that last row 3 x more for a small woman’s foot. Repeat as many times as needed for a larger foot, until it nearly reaches the ankle.

-Ch 100. Tie off.

-Attach yarn to other point of triangle and chain 100.

-Weave in all ends. Wrap around foot and enjoy looking earthy and chic! 🙂

Make a second one. Or you can run around with only one foot adorned. HE HE! It’s up to you. Matters not to me! :

I say be yourself! BE YOURSELF and the people that are best for you will fall into your life and love you! HURRAY!

If anything is unclear in the pattern, just holler! Crochet patterns seem a little more difficult to write down than knitting ones for me. As long as it fits on your foot and makes a basic triangle shape, you’re doing fine!

Have a beautiful, blessed, Boho day, dear reader!! Much love and many blessings and good vibes coming from me today!

~Chandi

Subscribe if you don’t wanna miss any of my crochet/knitting patterns, tips and yarn eye candy!

OR

RSS

Check out the shop!

By | 2017-09-04T14:05:12+00:00 July 25th, 2012|Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Finished Objects, Travel Updates|37 Comments

1. Marnie Parkin January 23, 2013 at 3:37 pm - Reply

Chandri, thanks for posting these, we used to make them in the 60’s, and I lost the pattern, an old flower child!!

2. Lisa January 27, 2013 at 1:30 am - Reply

I looooove them!!!! Can you wear these to the beach in the water if they were crocheted with acrylic yarn?

3. http://tinyurl.com/sevehide29203 February 6, 2013 at 6:16 pm - Reply

I actually needed to present this particular article, “Bohemian Barefoot
    Sandals – Free Crochet Pattern!” along with my buddies
    on twitter. I reallyonly desired to pass on ur outstanding publishing!
    Thx, Angelika

4. Myrna Lanthier March 6, 2013 at 7:54 pm - Reply

You’ve got me stumped on the barefoot sandal pattern where its says in line 3,
    chain 2-O.K.
    DC in the same stitch as the Ch 2 is coming from – O.K.
    here’s the problem I’m having (and in each DC across) ???????
    Would you happen to have a picture of the above step.
    I must have a mental block or something …lol. as it’s just not making sense to me. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your time and consideration in posting the pattern

• Chandi March 6, 2013 at 9:32 pm - Reply

Oh, sure! Happy to help. I’m sorry for being unclear…

You are basically increasing, thus creating a triangle.

So.

The chain 2 counts as your first double crochet. Then when you dc in the same stitch, you now have 2 dc (where in the row below, there was only one), so you’ve increased.

Then just work a dc into each stitch across. Does this help? Let me know if not! I don’t have a picture I’m afraid…

5. Ali April 4, 2013 at 5:22 pm - Reply

Did you use any type of glue to keep the threads from coming undone? If not, did you have any problems with them unraveling? Thanks! Wonderful pattern, by the way!

• April August 5, 2013 at 8:54 pm - Reply

I always, always work one extra chain stitch at the end of my work (even knit) and pull the stitch tight. I have only had one thing come unraveled on me. Always work in loose ends.

6. SaigeofInsanity April 8, 2013 at 6:27 am - Reply

Ever since I found this pattern and made a pair for myself, I can’t stop raving about it! It’s so simple, yet so chic! My boyfriend constantly teases me about my abhorrence of shoes (raised by Flower Children) and constantly calls me his little BoHo wonder… When he saw me walk out in these even he was impressed! If only Wal-Mart counted these towards their no shoes policy… *Sigh* Ah well… Just wanted to share my appreciation for this lovely pattern!
    Much happies, warm fuzzies, and good gris-gris your way gurl!
    Always,
    SaigeofInsanity

7. Kim April 15, 2013 at 9:36 pm - Reply

I would love to feature your free pattern on my website http://www.free-crochetpatterns.net!!! Email me for any questions.

8. Tamara - Moogly April 29, 2013 at 4:14 pm - Reply

Love these! I featured them this morning on my blog: http://www.mooglyblog.com/barefoot-sandals/

Thanks for sharing your pattern!

9. Maddie May 5, 2013 at 5:00 pm - Reply

In the third step for the directions, what do you mean by (and in each dc across)? And then dc in the ch2 from the previous round? Maybe I’m just not understanding it right, but instead of a triangle I get a straight line type deal. I love this pattern so please help me clear this up!! 🙂

• Chandi May 5, 2013 at 8:39 pm - Reply

Sorry for the confusion, Maddie!

You double crochet in each stitch across (including the last stitch which was the chain 2 from the previous round).

I hope this helps!

10. Virginia Kidd May 5, 2013 at 9:33 pm - Reply

Too cute for words!!!

11. Debra Johnson May 11, 2013 at 12:42 am - Reply

One of my son’s friends is a true genuine bohemian hippy. She and I share a bond… we cannot tolerate wearing shoes! Today her uncle died, so she came over for a distraction. We talked, we cried, we laughed, we stitched. She and I whipped out three pair each in no time! Our simple love for each other, yarn, crafts, and bare feet gave her comfort and peace at a low point in her life. Thank you for this wonderfully pretty and simple design. Heart you, Ms Chandi!

12. billie jo parks June 23, 2013 at 11:23 am - Reply

hi there I love these I learned how to crochet in prison in 2002 but I was not taught the abbr. so do you have a picture to show if not maybe a website that explains it thank you so much.

13. […] on this note of barefoot, I made these barefoot ‘sandals’ from a free pattern I saw here: Bohemian Barefoot Sandals . For the girls’ I didn’t crochet the last row, shortened the ties for their shorter legs, and […]

14. Garden Chef January 25, 2014 at 2:34 pm - Reply

Hi Chandi, I used your pattern and blogged about the barefoot sandals I crocheted at http://gardenchefsneedleandpen.blogspot.com/2014/01/crocheting-barefoot-sandals.html. Thank you for sharing!

15. Madeleine February 10, 2014 at 4:56 pm - Reply

Hi Chandi, thank you for this pattern, it is so easy and cute! I have added a link to your blog in my post http://prettybluebirdstudio.blogspot.com/2014/02/be-boho-barefoot-sandals.html

16. Peta March 2, 2014 at 2:57 pm - Reply

Hey there Chandi,
    Love your website, and CUTE feet babe!
    Love thinking you’re in your pjs while that skirt sits there looking gorgeous!

Thanks for the happy!
    Peta.

17. Garden Chef April 5, 2014 at 6:25 pm - Reply

Hi Chandi, here’s my second post of Bohemian Barefoot Sandals where I linked back to you. http://gardenchefsneedleandpen.blogspot.com/2014/04/bohemian-barefoot-sandals-showcase-in.html
    Thank you so much for the pattern which I have already memorized! I can make them again and again.

18. Jessica May 1, 2014 at 12:38 am - Reply

OK I’m stuck on row 3. I read the comments and understand where the other 2 ladies were stuck but in row 2 we CH 4 so where do you come up with ‘DC in the CH 2 from the previous round’? Sorry if I’m not understanding right Lol. Love love love this pattern

• Jessica May 1, 2014 at 12:43 am - Reply

OK never mind I finally figured it out. Lol. I was doing the 2dc in the wrong spot after ch 4. I got it working now lol

19. Joyce June 13, 2014 at 6:39 am - Reply

I always wanted to be Laura Ingles……grew up with them too her in oz thanks for the pattern xx

20. Rachel August 13, 2014 at 12:04 am - Reply

I was wondering if we can use this pattern and sell the product?

21. […]  Bohemian Barefoot Sandals by Expression Fiber […]

22. helen March 22, 2015 at 9:32 pm - Reply

hi, i reall really really love your patterns and your work but i would love to see a tutorial… its just that it will help a lot to get an image

23. Annette Specht March 26, 2015 at 9:52 pm - Reply

Hi, love the look of these barefoot sandals! I am having a little difficulty- mine is not as wide as yours is, mine is more narrower- what am i doing wrong?

24. Victoria July 4, 2015 at 7:06 am - Reply

Hello, i was wondering if you could post how to knit this design. Im new to knitting and im not sure how to knit this design.

• Chandi July 4, 2015 at 3:17 pm - Reply

I could definitely try to whip out a knitting version for you.

25. Tiffany October 31, 2015 at 5:01 pm - Reply

Very easy to make! Just made a pairt for my daughter for her Halloween costume….she is going to be a Hippie….thanks for sharing the pattern!

26. Fran Sherwood February 2, 2016 at 7:48 pm - Reply

I love these…a friend just asked me to make her and her wedding party a pair as she is having
    a May wedding on the beach. I purchased Paton’s “Grace” 100% mercerized cotton and it calls
    for a #F crochet hook. Should I follow the same number of stitches in your pattern, or increase
    because the cotton is thinner than worsted weight yarn…thanks for the pattern.

27. Mary Harris May 30, 2016 at 11:55 pm - Reply

I love your simple yet beautiful pattern.

I made this and took flip flop soles and attached it but put the ties/straps in the other holes in the flip flop sole and threaded them through the sides of the triangle before tying them. Voila! Cute thongs.

Thanks for the pattern!

28. Georgia January 2, 2017 at 4:58 am - Reply

Love them. Thanks for sharing. I would like to make them as a present. I am a beginner though so that will be interesting. Greetings from Finland.

29. Sarah May 26, 2017 at 4:06 pm - Reply

Fantastic pattern thank you!
    I’m struggling to get my head around how I tie off the 100 chains? Or how to sew in the ends? I’m probably just being silly
    Thanks ?