Bohemian Barefoot Sandals – Free Crochet Pattern!

boho chic barefoot sandals crocheted

by Chandi on July 25, 2012

You can make this pair of cute bohemian barefoot sandals in less than an hour! Can ya dig it??

I whipped these up for my niece to wear after her wedding was over, during the reception, since the event is outside in the grass. Are they too cute or what?

These would be perfect for little girls or for anybody that is earthy and natural and free and loves bohemian, gypsy, hippie, boho chic things. I do so love them!

Since I’m still in Arkansas on vacation, these were taken out in the 100 degree weather, on a rock wall near my pa’s house. Yes, I call my dad Pa and my mom, Ma, cuz I grew up watching Little House on the Prairie. And I want to, that’s why. :)

Seriously, though, I had my pajamas on and just held this gorgeous skirt over the barefoot “shoes” for the photo shoot. “Hehehe,” she snickered sneakily. But who can tell? Not me!

These can be laced up in a variety of ways, like a ballerina as shown (although I’m not sure they’d really stay up like that) or like a gladiator shoe type thing. Or whatevs. I just think they are adorable and only learned about barefoot sandals a few days ago!

20120725-143648.jpg

20120725-143658.jpg

20120725-143708.jpg

20120725-143717.jpg

20120725-143726.jpg

20120725-143735.jpg

20120725-143742.jpg

20120725-143757.jpg

20120725-143803.jpg

Ha! These pictures crack me up. These were all my feetsies so I can say that. HE HE HE! It’s so weird doing a photo shoot, not being able to see what’s happening! The skirt was way too huge to see over!

So here’s the pattern for ya.

Bohemian Barefoot Sandals – Free Crochet Pattern

Ravelry Link

Yarn: Basic cream worsted weight cotton (didn’t have the brand name, it was just a cone of yarn and it only takes a wee bit. Not very many yards at all.)

Hook: H/8 – 5.00mm

-Ch 11, join with a sl st in the first ch to form a ring.

-Ch 4, 2 dc in 3rd chain from hook. Turn.

-Ch 2. Dc in same st as the ch 2 is coming from and in each dc across. Dc in ch 2 from previous round. So you’ve just increased 1 st. Turn.

-Repeat that last row 3 x more for a small woman’s foot. Repeat as many times as needed for a larger foot, until it nearly reaches the ankle.

-Ch 100. Tie off.

-Attach yarn to other point of triangle and chain 100.

-Weave in all ends. Wrap around foot and enjoy looking earthy and chic! :)

Make a second one. Or you can run around with only one foot adorned. HE HE! It’s up to you. Matters not to me! :

I say be yourself! BE YOURSELF and the people that are best for you will fall into your life and love you! HURRAY!

If anything is unclear in the pattern, just holler! Crochet patterns seem a little more difficult to write down than knitting ones for me. As long as it fits on your foot and makes a basic triangle shape, you’re doing fine!

Have a beautiful, blessed, Boho day, dear reader!! Much love and many blessings and good vibes coming from me today!

~Chandi

Subscribe if you don’t wanna miss any of my crochet/knitting patterns, tips and yarn eye candy!

OR

RSS

Check out the shop!

About the author

Chandi Hi, I'm Chandi! I'm a self-professed lover of all things yarn. I'm an avid knitter, crocheter, wool dyer, fleece and roving spinner and occasional felter! I offer beautiful, inspiring, hand-painted yarns and deliver the best of all yarn-related tutorials I can on my blog.

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

Marnie Parkin January 23, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Chandri, thanks for posting these, we used to make them in the 60′s, and I lost the pattern, an old flower child!!

Lisa January 27, 2013 at 1:30 am

I looooove them!!!! Can you wear these to the beach in the water if they were crocheted with acrylic yarn?

http://tinyurl.com/sevehide29203 February 6, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I actually needed to present this particular article, “Bohemian Barefoot
Sandals – Free Crochet Pattern!” along with my buddies
on twitter. I reallyonly desired to pass on ur outstanding publishing!
Thx, Angelika

Myrna Lanthier March 6, 2013 at 7:54 pm

You’ve got me stumped on the barefoot sandal pattern where its says in line 3,
chain 2-O.K.
DC in the same stitch as the Ch 2 is coming from – O.K.
here’s the problem I’m having (and in each DC across) ???????
Would you happen to have a picture of the above step.
I must have a mental block or something …lol. as it’s just not making sense to me. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your time and consideration in posting the pattern

Chandi March 6, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Oh, sure! Happy to help. I’m sorry for being unclear…

You are basically increasing, thus creating a triangle.

So.

The chain 2 counts as your first double crochet. Then when you dc in the same stitch, you now have 2 dc (where in the row below, there was only one), so you’ve increased.

Then just work a dc into each stitch across. Does this help? Let me know if not! I don’t have a picture I’m afraid…

Ali April 4, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Did you use any type of glue to keep the threads from coming undone? If not, did you have any problems with them unraveling? Thanks! Wonderful pattern, by the way!

April August 5, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I always, always work one extra chain stitch at the end of my work (even knit) and pull the stitch tight. I have only had one thing come unraveled on me. Always work in loose ends.

SaigeofInsanity April 8, 2013 at 6:27 am

Ever since I found this pattern and made a pair for myself, I can’t stop raving about it! It’s so simple, yet so chic! My boyfriend constantly teases me about my abhorrence of shoes (raised by Flower Children) and constantly calls me his little BoHo wonder… When he saw me walk out in these even he was impressed! If only Wal-Mart counted these towards their no shoes policy… *Sigh* Ah well… Just wanted to share my appreciation for this lovely pattern!
Much happies, warm fuzzies, and good gris-gris your way gurl!
Always,
SaigeofInsanity

Kim April 15, 2013 at 9:36 pm

I would love to feature your free pattern on my website http://www.free-crochetpatterns.net!!! Email me for any questions.

Tamara - Moogly April 29, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Love these! I featured them this morning on my blog: http://www.mooglyblog.com/barefoot-sandals/

Thanks for sharing your pattern!

Maddie May 5, 2013 at 5:00 pm

In the third step for the directions, what do you mean by (and in each dc across)? And then dc in the ch2 from the previous round? Maybe I’m just not understanding it right, but instead of a triangle I get a straight line type deal. I love this pattern so please help me clear this up!! :)

Chandi May 5, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Sorry for the confusion, Maddie!

You double crochet in each stitch across (including the last stitch which was the chain 2 from the previous round).

I hope this helps!

Virginia Kidd May 5, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Too cute for words!!!

Debra Johnson May 11, 2013 at 12:42 am

One of my son’s friends is a true genuine bohemian hippy. She and I share a bond… we cannot tolerate wearing shoes! Today her uncle died, so she came over for a distraction. We talked, we cried, we laughed, we stitched. She and I whipped out three pair each in no time! Our simple love for each other, yarn, crafts, and bare feet gave her comfort and peace at a low point in her life. Thank you for this wonderfully pretty and simple design. Heart you, Ms Chandi!

billie jo parks June 23, 2013 at 11:23 am

hi there I love these I learned how to crochet in prison in 2002 but I was not taught the abbr. so do you have a picture to show if not maybe a website that explains it thank you so much.

Debbie October 17, 2014 at 8:15 am

Click this link and print the page for reference

Garden Chef January 25, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Hi Chandi, I used your pattern and blogged about the barefoot sandals I crocheted at http://gardenchefsneedleandpen.blogspot.com/2014/01/crocheting-barefoot-sandals.html. Thank you for sharing!

Madeleine February 10, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Hi Chandi, thank you for this pattern, it is so easy and cute! I have added a link to your blog in my post http://prettybluebirdstudio.blogspot.com/2014/02/be-boho-barefoot-sandals.html

Peta March 2, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Hey there Chandi,
Love your website, and CUTE feet babe!
Love thinking you’re in your pjs while that skirt sits there looking gorgeous!

Thanks for the happy!
Peta.

Garden Chef April 5, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Hi Chandi, here’s my second post of Bohemian Barefoot Sandals where I linked back to you. http://gardenchefsneedleandpen.blogspot.com/2014/04/bohemian-barefoot-sandals-showcase-in.html
Thank you so much for the pattern which I have already memorized! I can make them again and again.

Jessica May 1, 2014 at 12:38 am

OK I’m stuck on row 3. I read the comments and understand where the other 2 ladies were stuck but in row 2 we CH 4 so where do you come up with ‘DC in the CH 2 from the previous round’? Sorry if I’m not understanding right Lol. Love love love this pattern

Jessica May 1, 2014 at 12:43 am

OK never mind I finally figured it out. Lol. I was doing the 2dc in the wrong spot after ch 4. I got it working now lol

Joyce June 13, 2014 at 6:39 am

I always wanted to be Laura Ingles……grew up with them too her in oz thanks for the pattern xx

Rachel August 13, 2014 at 12:04 am

I was wondering if we can use this pattern and sell the product?

Chandi August 16, 2014 at 12:27 pm