fbpx

Robin Hood Hat Finished Object

/, Hand-Spun Yarn, Knitting/Robin Hood Hat Finished Object

Robin Hood Hat Finished Object

So I have this thing with hats.

I love them. I have been living in them these past few weeks. Straw hats, slouchy hats, all kinds of hats.

And this one is no exception. In fact, it’s one of my all-time favs. Ever.

It was supah dupah quick to knit. Especially since I have finally succombed to Audible.com. I listened to my first audio book while working on this. Buh-rilliant idea!

I love knitting more than life, but it can get boring for me sometimes. So being able to listen to something that doesn’t require your eyes is greattt! It made the time pass so quickly and enjoyably. It’s really enhanced the whole crafting time.

First book I listened to was Divergent. Interesting, but not exactly my vibe.

Second book I’ve got going is by Theresa Caputo, the Long Island Medium and is called There’s More to Life Than This. LOVE IT.

Anyways, back to the hat:

robin hood knitted hat pattern

how to knit a hat

PATTERN: Robin Hood. I found it a wonderful pattern and easy to follow. Took several hours to complete.

YARN: 2 skeins of my ultra-soft hand-spun Natural Chocolate Yak-Down yarn. Luscious and creamy! It’s so great for a rainy day in the summer or of course any kind of cool weather. Cozy and comfy and just makes me feel all warm and protected.

knit a hat with buttons

NEEDLES: Size recommended in the pattern. I didn’t test a gauge swatch and it turned out the right size, so yay!

TIME: Several hours to complete. I’d say it’s advanced beginner level.

BUTTONS: Coconut shell buttons from Joann’s! They were 4.95 each packet (took 2 packets) but were 40% off and so worth it. They fit the natural, earthy vibe so well. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Plus I love anything coconut. Coconut cream, coconut water, coconut flavor, everything.

knitted hat instructions

This hat just makes me happy. You can wear it so many different ways.

Plop it on when you have a bad hair day. With our move coming up, these have been frequent for me. Shower? What’s that? Get dressed and presentable? Not sure I understand.

robin hood hat knit

Hope you love the hat and that it inspired you!

Isn’t it a great day to be alive? Me thinks yes.

easy knitted hat pattern

Bye for now.

~Chandi

By | 2017-09-04T14:05:01+00:00 July 10th, 2014|Finished Objects, Hand-Spun Yarn, Knitting|20 Comments

1. Kitty July 11, 2014 at 12:05 am - Reply

Love the hat more that I’ve seen it from ALL angles, and as always looks adorable on you! I didn’t realize it had a bit of a slouch in the back and I like that. And looks super comfy.

2. Mary K Lenewski July 11, 2014 at 2:17 am - Reply

Great hat! You have a way with words.

3. Janie Berks July 11, 2014 at 2:20 am - Reply

I love the hat. And Audible is fantastic. I have been with them for years.

4. Cynthia Henriquez July 11, 2014 at 5:33 am - Reply

Oooohhhh I love this hat!!!! I think I’ve found my next project to add to my never ending queue! But this one will have to move to the top!!!! Good luck with the move!!! I feel your pain…. I moved to another country, and it was a nightmare!

5. Jeanett Marsicano July 11, 2014 at 9:11 am - Reply

LOLZ at that last picture! You are so cute and silly! So WHY HAVEN’T YOU MADE COCONUT SCENTED YARN, already!!!!!!!!

6. Naomi R July 11, 2014 at 3:06 pm - Reply

Love the hat Chandi! Wish I could knit like you. Pleasssseeeeee make more You tube videos on the different knitting techniques. Pretty much got the knit and purl down and then that’s it. Oh, and I have a problem holding the yarn correctly when TRYING to knit. I’m a knitting mess since I’ve always done crochet! You are too cute!!:))

• Alecia July 11, 2014 at 11:15 pm - Reply

I am a knitting mess as well – just trying to figure things out – I crocheted about 10 years ago so a video on the best ways to hold yarn would be awesome… After you get settled of course.

Save Travels ~ A

7. Vickie July 11, 2014 at 5:53 pm - Reply

Love the hat! Where can I find the pattern for it? Hope all goes well with your move.

8. Lynda M Otvos July 16, 2014 at 12:56 am - Reply

You are the cutest model I have seen in ages. Your husband is a rockin’ paparazzi for you too. His love shines thru in each shot and the looks you give him as he focuses on you are inimitable. I hope you all have a great move, stressful as they can be.

9. Doreen October 17, 2014 at 6:02 pm - Reply

I’m working on different hats to donate to our local school (very cold winters) & I luv this one. I think some young teen would also. Where can I find the pattern? U totally inspire me 😀

10. johnny October 29, 2014 at 1:51 am - Reply

Hi! Just wondering where you got that gorgeous watch you’re Wearing

11. Wendy martin December 7, 2014 at 4:26 am - Reply

LOVE the hat! I’m a hat nut too…cool weather lets me bring out the hats and the boots! Yay!

12. sonja kuvik February 23, 2015 at 1:59 pm - Reply

Love your hat,The pattern is perfect for yak down,I must get both ! Its still -3 here in Pa

13. Nicole Reynolds November 5, 2015 at 1:44 pm - Reply

I love this hat as well! Bought the pattern and had to start over twice. Kept getting holes. So I’m doing it backwards to crown and will add the brim. Mine did not look like yours in the back when I tried the correct way. Uhh! and it only took you a few hours ? that’s just not right. Love your sight.

14. Deborah Waybright January 28, 2016 at 4:21 am - Reply

Hi, I’m looking forward to knitting this hat! Just love your work. Might I suggest a book for you to enjoy listening to? Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Love her work. It is the first book in an 8..still counting..series. Thanks, again for your lovely work!

15. Maria Bia May 1, 2016 at 2:08 am - Reply

Chadi, lindo chapéu.Eu Bia chamo de gorro.Você é muito simpatica e bonita.Não repare a minha apresentação sou iniciante . Tenho 55 anos,e não me importaria de usa-lo, é muito lindo.Se eu tivesse a receita faria um para mim.

16. Judi August 4, 2016 at 4:52 pm - Reply

I’ve been trying to knit this hat without much success. I have the pattern but can’t seem to get past row 4? When I do row 5 I only get 26 stiches and there should be 30 . I have tried many times es and are stuck, if you could offer me a help it would e much appreciated.

17. Christiane Lefebvre January 24, 2017 at 5:18 pm - Reply

j’aimerais bien faire ce chapeau mais je ne trouve pas le modèle. Pouvez vous me dire où le trouver ou encore l’acheter. Merci.

18. vera December 7, 2017 at 2:14 pm - Reply

i love the Robin Hood hat, i will like to knit it for my daughter in Copenagen, Where can i found the pattern? i love it on you