Say hi to Al, my new owl finger puppet. More on him soon… but first!
I have to thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
I’m sitting here in my new studio, drinking my coffee, listening to the hot water pipes creak and complain and feeling the chill creeping in from the cool 32 degrees we’ve got going on outside.
It’s 8 am and just getting light outside… the sky is gray and dull and work traffic is skittering by.
I have been incredibly “anxious” to get a blog post written for you…
To be honest I allowed myself to slip into “work mode” last week. I let go of creativity and just plowed through to “get ‘er done.” I don’t like feeling like that AT ALL. You know when your mind gets muddled and you’re tired and all your positive philosophies fly out the window and you just try to get through the day? Eeek!
But being busy meant more orders than usual… so THANK YOU so much. Your orders, support and birthday wishes mean a great deal to me. (Yes, I turned 31 on Friday). I am blessed indeed and I hope I can now scoop more time out of each week to begin blogging more and more… sending you inspiring, encouraging posts filled with new patterns, new colorways and more. (I currently have over 30 blog posts “in the works.” Please let me know what things you want to read about!)
To wrap up further yarn-related news:
- I did get the new colorway listed in the shop: CARIBBEAN SUNRISE, and through October, it’s Buy 2, Get 1 Free! This is available in my lovely LusterSoft superwash merino wool sock yarn or worsted wt. Just click the picture to go check it out.
- I have another new color, available ONLY through October, called INDIAN CORN, also in those same yarn bases. It’s so perfect for this fallish weather! Buy 2 or more and get 10% off automatically.
- BIG NEWS! I am about to announce the… drum roll… TA DA! Fall-Winter Yarn Club for Oct/Nov/Dec. YEE!! It’s too exciting for WORDS, so stay tuned as this is going to be EPIC! I wanted to get it announced last week, but my creative juices were NOT flowing, so I’m gonna wait until it feels right.
- It was really subtle, but I did a few changes to the website and blog look and feel last week. I changed the background from pink to light gray and changed the header a bit to match my yarn labels more. So that’s exciting.
- I have a new crocheted hat pattern about to be released for you! I’m just finishing up the photos.
- I can now tick something off my bucket list… I’m taking a pottery class! So far I’ve made these:
- I’m 31 now. Yikes. I don’t know how I feel about this. “30 and flirty” was one thing. But “31 and … what? I don’t know.” I feel kinda old, which makes me happy and sad at the same time. I guess we all go through this “aging” thing… It’s weird. The only option is to gracefully embrace it, I guess and be happy that 1. I’m alive! 2. I have 31 blessed years under my belt 3. I’m healthy and kickin’ and can do whatever the heck I want in life… Hurray!
- But seriously… I never thought I’d get this old. 😉
- It’s weird.
- I didn’t have a chance to pick up my needles or hooks all week and work on anything. AH! Withdrawals! “Must … make … something,” she gasped.
- I am more blessed than I can describe and received the most amazing birthday presents from my family and my handsome fella. Some of my family members got me: A jewelry rack (so needed!), mini mugs and saucers (I’m a sucker for anything miniature), sparkly nail polish (oh, yes!) , a zen crystal wish garden (which is already growing crystals!), a boston terrier mug (like my little lady dog, Tinkerbell), dvds of some of my fav old movies (Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea and the 2 Apple Dumpling Gang movies), a salt rock lamp for its lovely ambiance, yummy finger food… and my fella got me a Nikon D3100 camera (I’ve been wanting/needing a camera for ages! All photos you’ve seen me take heretofore have been with my iPhone), a pink and black tool set (WOOOO!!), a Yeti microphone (for eventually recording voice overs and songs for youtube tutorials), Al the Owl finger puppet (I love owls) and a very special date indeed, with fettucini alfredo, chicken parmesan, tiramisu and strawberry shortcake. Whew! And I still have a HUGE box coming from my mother… it should be here any day now! I am SOOO blessed and happy with everything!
- Here is Al modeling alongside my new camera. He’s so happy to be helping mama today!