Polyrhythm Knitted Cowl Pattern

Polyrhythm Knitted Cowl Pattern

A beautiful new textured cowl pattern for you! This little stunner was designed for us by Emily Walton (moonangel58 on Ravelry.com) and we couldn’t be more delighted.

It’s a great pattern for using 2 skeins of sock yarn in any colorway you love! Try a fun and wild multicolor and see what cool result you get!Polyrhythm Knitted Cowl Pattern by Expression Fiber Arts

This one is fun to knit because of the various textures. It’s simple but you won’t get bored.

Polyrhythm Knitted Cowl Pattern by Expression Fiber Arts Polyrhythm Knitted Cowl Pattern by Expression Fiber Arts

Notes from the designer:

I love texture. I’m crazy about it, really. I’ve always been a tactile person; I need to touch and pet and squish things, and run my hands over them to feel the sensation of the texture across my whole palm, not just my fingertips. I don’t like mindless knitting; I need my brain to stay engaged, even when I’m TV knitting. This cowl is all about my need for texture, while changing things up just often enough to stave off boredom. Just when you start to get bored with one texture, it’s time to change it up! It’s also about my love of shadow rib, which started with the Della shawl. I can’t get enough of this stitch; I love it the way other knitters love garter stitch. It’s simple to work, looks great on both sides, and can be used in a variety of pieces for varying effects. I like how it and the hedge pattern offset each other in this piece. Each section is separated by an easy cable repeat that works as a pillar to define each texture block. The name came from my love of the Japanese girl group Perfume and their song “Polyrhythm” (which can be heard on the ┬áCars 2 soundtrack, or so I’m told). It’s a love song about how our feelings keep circling in an endless loop until they finally reach their intended person. It seemed an appropriate name for an infinity scarf!

Download the pattern for this cowl HERE! And while you’re at it, check out all our patterns here, both knit and crochet. I hope you find something you enjoy!

Have a splendiferous day!

By | 2017-09-04T14:04:36+00:00 May 26th, 2017|Finished Objects, Knitting, Knitting Patterns, Scarves and Cowls|9 Comments

1. Lu June 12, 2017 at 8:29 pm - Reply

Chadi, not only are the yarn and designs you have to offer beautiful, you are also. So glad you now have a new workshop as dedicated space for your creativity. That’s awesome! Pray that you’ll continue to share your creativity with the world and hope to someday be in position to try some of them.

2. Gerry Futoran June 13, 2017 at 4:46 am - Reply

I follow Expression Fibert Arts on Instagram, Facebook and I receive the newsletter. I LOVE all their yarns!!!?

3. SaundraH June 13, 2017 at 4:15 pm - Reply

You won’t find any more gorgeous yarn than here at Expressive Fiber Arts. I love the brilliant colorways.

4. SaundraH June 13, 2017 at 4:16 pm - Reply

Expressive Fiber Arts has the most unique yarns and colorways.

5. Kimberly Daniels June 15, 2017 at 1:01 am - Reply

Got this pattern and the yarn color I chose is powder rose. I’m very excited to start it. Right now I am making a 1 skein cowl called Millie’s Infiniy Scarf that I got from knit picked in red rock sunset. I’m excited to see how the spiral rib is going to complement the colors. I also completed a cowl using Ravelry pattern co-pilot in plush peacock in the resilient sock yarn. It turned out beautifully.

6. Kimi Corum June 17, 2017 at 5:27 pm - Reply

Chandi, I read of your father’s passing today. I am so sorry for your loss. I have followed you since the beginning, and I have always been inspired by the joy you bring to life. You are a shining example of those values your father instilled in you. May your family find peace in his strength.

• Joy July 12, 2017 at 5:48 pm - Reply

I just read about your Dad I’m so very sorry the loss of your parent is so hard I will pray for you the strength you show will somehow get you through it. All my love Joy

7. Larissa Crowley July 6, 2017 at 4:44 pm - Reply

I LOVE the beach and ocean! So calming, peaceful and beautiful! The sand under my feet and small waves of water running over them. Beachcombing had to be one of the funnest things to me! You have so many beautiful colors of yarn that remind me of nature. I would love to crochet a blanket made with your yarn and beach themed granny squares or hexagons. I would be in my happy place every night!!

8. Deb July 13, 2017 at 10:58 am - Reply

Your colors are smazong, always something new $