My Secret to Knitting Ribbing

/, Video Tutorials/My Secret to Knitting Ribbing

My Secret to Knitting Ribbing

When you’re first learning to knit, it’s hard enough to figure out the knit stitch. And then you have to learn the purl stitch. Whoa. Crazy little goober that it is.

But to combine the stitches and work ribbing…You have to remember when the yarn is in the front, when it’s in the back, when to work the knit stitch, when to work the purl stitch. Oh my gawddd… when does the craziness end?

I remember when I first learned to knit and that this particular thing (ribbing in general) just befuddled me.

So over the years I realized the super easy secret to perfect ribbing every time. It’s a DUH moment when you get it.

And ‘get it’ you WILL.

So have a watch and be amazed at how easy it really is to work ribbing, whether you’re working 1×1 ribbing, 2×2 ribbing, 2×3 or something else. Casting on an even number of stitches or an odd? Doesn’t matter. Same rule applies.

Did you LOVE it?

Tell me what you think below.

The yarn used was a skein of my Dewy Dk in colorway Sparkling Star.

The hat I’m wearing is my free Bronze Age Hat pattern. Download right away and get to making your own.

You can subscribe to my YouTube Channel here.

Sign up for email updates here so I can send you all my juicy info: big monthly yarn giveaways, free patterns and coupons to my shop. YAY!

Thanks for watching! I do so appreciate it. Have a grand and glorious day and be sure to post pictures of your gorgeous ribbing on your favorite social network and tag me so I can see.

Smooch.

By | 2017-09-04T14:04:49+00:00 February 2nd, 2016|Knitting, Video Tutorials|12 Comments

1. Amanda February 2, 2016 at 5:18 pm - Reply

Love it! I’m sitting at home in a huge blizzard in Iowa and your fire place is so inviting. Love your fun personality and close up views of what you are doing. Well done Chandi!

2. Sylvia February 2, 2016 at 5:24 pm - Reply

OMG I just love your videos!! You are such a cutie. Thanks so much for that wonderful explanation … I am just starting to learn knitting so I appreciate this very much. Does hubby have trouble keeping a straight face when recording you???? *HUGS*

3. Monica February 2, 2016 at 8:49 pm - Reply

Love this video…and now you did continental, yay!

4. Emma February 3, 2016 at 1:11 am - Reply

You are truly inspirational!!❤️

5. Sheri February 3, 2016 at 6:00 am - Reply

Great job! You are a great teacher and so fun to watch! Keep up the good work. You always make me smile! Thanks ! ?

6. Donna February 13, 2016 at 9:02 pm - Reply

Thank you Chandi for sharing your knowledge. As a beginner I sometimes wish your vids were filmed from behind so that I am emulating what you are doing. I just guess I need more practice!

7. Leslie February 21, 2016 at 9:53 pm - Reply

You are so cute ?. I would love you to do a video of how to knit continental style. You seem to have mastered the tension required, which is my main issue. I still “throw” most of the time because my tension is so much tighter with continental.

8. Deborah Apostolou February 22, 2016 at 5:00 pm - Reply

Once again, what can I say: YOU ROCK! The best tutorials EVER! ! You have a gift, which makes everything looks doable! 🙂
    LOVE YA, Deborah

9. Diana Foree February 27, 2016 at 3:39 am - Reply

Hi Chandra, I clicked on the free hat pattern “Bronze Age” and it says $3.95. Am I doing something wrong? This is an adorable hat and love the pattern!!!

• Chandi February 27, 2016 at 11:56 am - Reply

It is free. Use the code youtubebronzehat during check out. : )