Need a quick and easy hat for your fella? Have no fear. Click here to grab the pattern or keep reading more about it:
Here’s why this hat pattern is so awesome.
1. It’s easyyyyy to make and the pattern is a breeze to memorize.
2. It’s a basic hat so even the pickiest of guys will want to wear it.
3. It’s fast. Took me 5 hours to knit so you could whip this out last minute if you needed to.
4. It’s fun to change up! Do stripes if you like or make a bunch of them in every color.
5. It’s unisex... yep. Gals can wear it too, of course, so make one for all the gals you love.
6. It’s stretchy so fit isn’t crucial as it’ll fit virtually all adult heads. Yay.
7. It has a brim. So again, you don’t have to stress about it being the perfect height. It can always be rolled up to suit the wearer.
8. You’ll be sure to get lots of responses like: “You MADE this? Wow! It looks so professional and store-bought!” Thank you. We knitters choose to take that as a compliment.
For your convenience, the pattern is available here as an instantly downloadable PDF file. The pattern will be sent right to your email. You can view and save it on virtually any device. (I like to keep my patterns in iBooks on my iPhone.)
YARN: One skein of 100 g or 115 g (3.5 – 4 oz) DK or Worsted Weight yarn. I used one skein of my Dewy DK yarn in colorway GRAY PEARL. If it’s not there when you click over, it’s sold out. My shades sell fast and we list new ones frequently, so just choose any color you like from the DK or Worsted Weight categories.
If you want to make sure and hear when new colors and beloved favorites are listed, make sure you’re signed up to my email newsletter and I will keep you in the know. This particular Dewy Dk yarn is a versatile blend of superwash merino wool (so the hat will be machine-washable), a HINT of silk (for a touch of dewiness, but not enough to make it ultra shimmery), and nylon for strength and longevity.
Yeeyah. Again, one skein is all you need for this hat. Make sure the yarn you choose has some STRETCH. Preferably wool or yak or even alpaca would work. It’s okay if it has some silk mixed in too, like our Pearlescent Merino Silk Worsted yarns… Those would in fact look FABULOUS. Pure silk might not be the best as it doesn’t have any stretch.
NEEDLES: US size 9 (5.5mm) circulars if you prefer magic loop. Or dpns will of course work too. (Double pointed needles)
STORY BEHIND THE PATTERN: Funny thing. I called it the “Boyfriend Beanie” because they both start with b’s. But that delish fellow in the photos is my husband. And… he was just modeling the hat. I actually made it for my dad. He never requests anything but wanted a basic ribbed, brimmed hat to keep his head and ears warm while he checks on his cows over on the farm so I whipped out my needles and voila. This hat was born. We snapped the pictures and then bundled up the hat and sent it off on its way to my pa.
So there you have it! If you love it, please pin it, tweet it, facebook it, instagram it, ya know. If you want. 😉
Also comment below with your opinions on the pattern. Do you think you’ll be making one and for whom? ( I lovvve reading your comments).
And please DO NOT FORGET to post your version on your favorite social site and/or blog and link/tag me. I get such a HUGE kick out of seeing what you make. Have a great one. Take care now. Chandi