fbpx

7 Tips for Knitting While Traveling

Hey, lovely. New video for ya today! 7 Tips for Knitting While Traveling – and yes, many apply to crochet as well.

Every time we go on a trip, I get endless comments asking if I can take knitting needles, scissors, etc, on a plane.

I have never had a problem, but it depends on the airline and you’ll want to check out TSA guidelines if unsure.

I hope the video helps you. If you’d like all the links to everything, please have a hop HERE and you’ll see all the links in the description box.

You can also Subscribe to our Youtube channel there. If you want to be notified when new episodes go live, you’ll have to hit that notification bell. 🙂

Thanks for stopping by!

I’d love to hear from you – what is your favorite knitting or crocheting travel tip? Post below!

Have a delicious day!

XOXO

By | 2018-09-06T14:23:08+00:00 September 6th, 2018|Knitting, Travel Updates, Video Tutorials|11 Comments

1. Barbara Daniels September 6, 2018 at 5:51 pm - Reply

I wanted to be a veterinarian. Actually became a shorthand typist which gave me more opportunity for international travel.

2. Gloria Deverick September 6, 2018 at 7:04 pm - Reply

Be prepared to answer questions about your project…if you’re an introvert you may not like the attention you will draw.

3. Crystal Clark September 7, 2018 at 3:46 am - Reply

We just got home from our first kid oriented vacation that I was brave enough to bring my knitting! The trip didnt prove to be as knit worthy as I had hoped but it was still nice to have for little spurts of quiet.

4. Elaine Smith September 7, 2018 at 1:09 pm - Reply

If you take interchangeable needles, you can give up your needle tips if TSA asks for them and still save your project. Wood needles are the best bet to carry.

5. Sharon September 7, 2018 at 8:19 pm - Reply

My motto for travelling is, “If I can’t bring my yarn, I’m not going.” XD

I have never had problems taking my needles and scissors on a plane. That being said, you might pack the good, sharp scissors away and keep a pair of kid-friendly scissors in your carry-on. They’re less likely to have a fit, that way.

6. Karen September 8, 2018 at 9:27 pm - Reply

A plastic toothbrush holder (case) is great for keeping crochet hooks and yarn needles safely together. You can put a bit of tape over the holes at Enderland to keep smaller hooks& needles from sliding out.

7. Rayanne Sones Bowker September 9, 2018 at 5:48 am - Reply

I have also learned through experience, airlines and security have less issues with bamboo needles than metal or other wise. I also bring extra needles and I never pack my best needles when I travel. Also, I agree with some of the other comments, you may need to keep your sharp and best scissors at home and use a yarn cutter that you can hang around your neck or bring some kids’ short scissors. Have good travels!

8. Jan English September 9, 2018 at 2:51 pm - Reply

I wanted to be a Disney background artist because of all the gorgeous detail – that was way back when all was done by hand!

9. Catherine Sizek September 9, 2018 at 9:42 pm - Reply

Wanted to be a singer like Cher

10. Dorothy September 12, 2018 at 12:01 pm - Reply

Chandi, Thank you for the handy tips. I especially like the tip about checking with the airline TSA about carrying on knitting needles.I am leaving for a three week vacation and plan on taking a knitting project or two with me.

11. Susanne Parrott September 14, 2018 at 11:38 pm - Reply

I wanted to be a ballerina