On Having a Voice…

//On Having a Voice…

On Having a Voice…

What is today, what makes it special and why am I writing on this day?

It’s not New Year’s, is it? You know, when everybody starts new stuff and is all excited for the freshness of it all. Out with the old. In with the new. Nope.

Is it November 1st when people usually start their “things I’m grateful for” lists? Lemme check. Nope.

Is it my birthday? Nada. Already passed.

So what’s today?

Nothing special. Except it’s EVERYTHING.

Today is all I have. And all I will ever have.

You will never feel ready for that thing you want to do. And one thing I want to do… is write. More.

I love the feeling of writing, of having a voice. It’s important for women to understand no matter how you’ve been belittled in life or told you shouldn’t argue back or felt like you had to keep quiet to keep the peace…

Bah humbug on that.

Speak out. You have just as much right as anyone.

You have a voice. Use it for what you will.

Start a blog if you want. Start a twitter account. Write a book. Start a journal. Learn new things. Listen to others’ stories. Be inspired. Take a walk. Soak up life.

You might say some things you later regret. Good. Learn from it.

People might disagree with you. Good. Listen and learn.. or ignore. It depends on the person and what was said.

But you’ll also say some really awesome things. You’ll grow. You’ll learn. You’ll gain confidence. You’ll see things about yourself you might have passed over before. You’ll gain clarity on certain issues. It’ll help you heal.

Try it.

That is all for today.

I’ll be back tomorrow with more tidbits.

By | 2017-09-04T14:04:40+00:00 October 20th, 2016|Life Musings|10 Comments

1. Mandy L October 20, 2016 at 1:34 pm - Reply

Thanks for that. 🙂 I needed it.

2. Michelle Holmquist October 20, 2016 at 4:19 pm - Reply

Yes! I can’t wait to read more from you…. I learned to knit from your videos in January this year, something I’d been wanting to do for 20 years or more. Your beautiful spirit and gentle kindness gave me the confidence to try again and it has been one of the most empowering things!!!! Thank you for sharing your incredible light with the world!

3. Yvonne October 20, 2016 at 6:44 pm - Reply

You are awesUm Chandi! Thanks for this ?

4. Josh October 20, 2016 at 8:19 pm - Reply

Thank you Chandi for your post today. As a husband of my wonderful wife and a step father of my strong, independent and amazing 21 year old stepdaughter this post hits home. I wish more of our society will accept that women are just as equal or even more capable than their male counter parts in work, home, government, or whatever field they may be in. My step daughter is a photographer, blogger, and communications major set to graduate next year. I hope we as a society can give her a free and equal playing field that her mother and grandmothers never had but can still enjoy if we make the change now.

Real men don’t disrespect women or belittle anyone.

5. AJ October 20, 2016 at 8:54 pm - Reply

Beautifully said, Chandi. I absolutely agree! Thank you for this. I hope it helps anyone who may need to hear it.

6. Patti October 20, 2016 at 9:34 pm - Reply

Well said! Thanks.

7. Johanna October 21, 2016 at 8:30 pm - Reply

Wise words!! Inspiring words!! I’m enjoying reading your blog. Thank you!!?

8. Karen Paessler October 31, 2016 at 2:07 am - Reply

Spread the word Chandigarh!
    It took me 58 years to find the strength to use my voice.
    You might not agree with me, but that is your right. Just as what I say is my right. My voice matters and I will not be silent any more. It is amazing how freeing that is and how much better life feels.

9. Kaaren December 2, 2016 at 6:31 am - Reply

Thank you for your encouragement today!!

10. Molly Burns May 26, 2017 at 5:15 pm - Reply

I came for the yarn posts but your life musings are becoming my favorite part of this blog. Please keep posts like these coming girl.