How to Knit a Basic Beanie Hat for Beginners – Kit + Video!

/, Knitting, Knitting Patterns, Video Tutorials/How to Knit a Basic Beanie Hat for Beginners – Kit + Video!

How to Knit a Basic Beanie Hat for Beginners – Kit + Video!

Let’s knit a hat today!

This hat pattern is a basic, easy pattern that you can use to make hats for adults, kids, babies, you name it.

Make it longer if you want a brim to roll up. Easy peasy!

Expression Fiber Arts Basic Beginner Knitted Beanie Hat Kit + Tutorial

You’ll need to know how to cast on, work the knit stitch and work the purl stitch.

If you need help, check out my How to Knit for beginners videos.

Expression Fiber Arts Basic Beginner Knitted Beanie Hat Kit + Tutorial

Expression Fiber Arts Basic Beginner Knitted Beanie Hat Kit + Tutorial

Expression Fiber Arts Basic Beginner Knitted Beanie Hat Kit + Tutorial

Expression Fiber Arts Basic Beginner Knitted Beanie Hat Kit + Tutorial

Expression Fiber Arts Basic Beginner Knitted Beanie Hat Kit + Tutorial

Expression Fiber Arts Basic Beginner Knitted Beanie Hat Kit + Tutorial

You’ll need:

-4 oz of DK weight yarn

-16″ circular knitting needles (these allow you to work round and round so your hat is seamless)

If you want to take the easy route, I have a kit available for you that includes everything you need:
Expression Fiber Arts Basic Beginner Knitted Beanie Hat Kit + Tutorial

If you prefer to just watch the video and learn that way, here it is.

I hope you love the video!

And there you have it!

I hope you enjoyed the video and that you have a great day.

Do comment below if you have any ideas for future videos.

You can subscribe to my YouTube channel here if you like to keep up to date with my future videos.

BYE NOW!

By | 2017-09-04T14:04:48+00:00 March 11th, 2016|Finished Objects, Knitting, Knitting Patterns, Video Tutorials|7 Comments

1. Cathy Wallander March 25, 2016 at 1:15 pm - Reply

Such a nice easy hat to make, will make a bunch for my winter giveaways. Thank you for sharing. Do you have an easy video for making socks?

2. Victoria April 1, 2016 at 8:09 pm - Reply

Hi Chandi! First time checking out your blog and I have to say that I love the colours that you work with! At the risk of sounding a bit creepy, I totally Love that shirt you’re wearing with this beanie. Any chance you could share where you got it from?

Cheers!

• Chandi April 3, 2016 at 11:45 am - Reply

I think the shirt was from Forever 21.

3. Anne Westbrook June 11, 2016 at 11:30 am - Reply

Howdy!

Please let me know when the RED VELVET ROSE SUPERWASH DEWY DK is ready, please. I would like to make the Beginner’s Knitted Hat with it. I just need the one skein for the hat, right?

Is the pattern for the Beginner’s Knitted Hat available to download on the computer, please? It helps to have both the video and the written instructions for me to learn.

Many thanks!
    Anne

• Chandi June 11, 2016 at 12:11 pm - Reply

We will let you know. The written pattern is bundled with the beginners knitted hat kit.

4. Merve September 23, 2016 at 8:44 am - Reply

For the decrease method: Do we knit 2 together all they way around meaning every stitch on the row?
    Im trying to make a hat for my son and i ended up taking starting and taking apart like 4 times now but this method looks simple enough.. so im starting AGAIN 😀 An experienced knitter would have had a sweater knitted by now hah..

• Chandi October 21, 2016 at 12:24 pm - Reply

Merve, it can take time to learn new things! There are several ways that would work, but yes, that will do the trick.