How to Cable Without a Cable Needle

/, Tips & Tricks, Video Tutorials/How to Cable Without a Cable Needle

How to Cable Without a Cable Needle

Ever wanted to make gorgeous cabled knitted items but weren’t sure how? Or maybe you don’t enjoy the slow process of using a cable needle.

Have no fear! My tutorial is here!

Learn how to cable WITHOUT a cable needle.

-It’s FAST.
-It’s easy to learn.
-Can be used with virtually any variety of cables, yarn types or needle sizes.

Holler at me in the comments below with your ideas for future videos.

Thank you for watching and have a great day!

~Chandi

By | 2017-09-04T14:04:51+00:00 August 30th, 2015|Knitting, Tips & Tricks, Video Tutorials|12 Comments

1. Sara August 30, 2015 at 2:01 pm - Reply

That is simply brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing that.
    Also, I love how display your yarn with pics of color that match!
    Beautiful!

2. Else Nadarajah August 30, 2015 at 2:10 pm - Reply

Thank you for leaving this for us knitters….who come I never thought of this easy method before? Thank you, and that looks a whole lot better than carrying that 3rd needle too ,
    Else.

3. Phyllis August 30, 2015 at 2:51 pm - Reply

Thank you Chandi.

You put a smile on my face daily.
    You are the sweetest, nicest person. More caring and HElpful than any yarn store I know.

Thanks so much for being here for all.

Phyllis

4. Deb lugiewicz August 30, 2015 at 3:58 pm - Reply

Wow just amazing. Can’t wait to try that.

5. Linda August 30, 2015 at 4:48 pm - Reply

Wow! Thank you Chandi. You are such a good teacher!

6. Yolanda August 31, 2015 at 12:26 am - Reply

Hey Chandi….Love your videos and your sparkling personality! Your videos are clear and encouraging to new knitters because you make the process sound easy as well as fun. I am a relatively new knitter with only one year of experience, so there are many knitting processes that I have not yet mastered. I would like to learn how to do short rows. Do you have a video explaining how to do short rows? Thanks much!

7. Wilfredo Gotay Ledesma August 31, 2015 at 5:15 am - Reply

Im new in this bussiness, but I lovit seen a kid and I will found everything so amazing that you make my so happy to find everything I need at hand and your tutorials are amazing, thanks again for such a wonderful time with your new family and friends will now about it. .

8. Heather E. September 11, 2015 at 7:54 pm - Reply

As a fairly new knitter, I have been intimidated by cables because of the need for extra the extra needle and steps. However, this video is amazing and you make it look nice and simple. I think I’m going to have to give them a go on my next project. Thank you for sharing, Chandi!

9. Christa September 13, 2015 at 12:55 am - Reply

Wow Thanks….this is sure gonna save a lot of time! I always cringe at cables cause of the silly cable needle 🙂
    Thanks again x

10. Raquel October 19, 2015 at 12:41 am - Reply

Hi Chandi,

I started knitting a few weeks ago and I learned from your videos! Thank you so much!!! I love the videos and the blogs- they bring me a lot of joy. I really enjoy knitting but I’m veeeeeery new. I’d love some videos on more basic projects, knitting on a circular needle or knitting a hat! Any basic knitting videos would be awesome. Thanks again for your beautiful website and beautiful yarn! xx

11. Danette Bloomfield October 26, 2015 at 4:04 am - Reply

I’m not sure if this was where you meant someone to comment when entering your contest ( which I saw on Facebook), but I will leave a comment here since I said I did. I like the tip for how to cable without a cable needle. It looks like it could go faster. I will definitely be trying it out. I look forward to exploring your website and your blog posts. Some of them look quite interesting. I learned how to knit 2 years ago (first project was socks) after over 30 years of wanting to learn. It’s never too late.

12. Vicki February 5, 2016 at 9:37 pm - Reply