1. I bought a new sewing machine! It’s the Brother CS6000i. After our move, I needed something basic to sew with and researched a great sewing/quilting machine and voila. This little beauty is fantastic and highly recommended, so get yourself one if you need a machine. Got mine on Amazon.
2. I am wild about rainbow things and randomly bought a pack of batik fabrics from Wal-Mart. Gasp! Stunning, I know.
3. What to make, what to make?
4. An apron!
5. I used this pattern: McCall’s 2947. And followed the instructions. Nothing fancy. You’ll need some fusible web. Amazing stuff. And interfacing. It’s a basic pattern. My only training was home ec way back in the day, so if I can do it, you can too.
6. The only real modifications I had to make were piecing several scraps of fabric together to make large enough pieces for the pattern. Also, the skirt front is half the actual width it was supposed to be (so I just ruffled it less) since I completely ran out of fabric.
7. This was my first project on this machine and I plan on sewing a ton more now that we’re all settled in North Carolina. Love it here, btw!
8. Why, yes, I always wear a long, flowing dress and heels in the kitchen. 😉
9. So what do ya think??? Is it too crazy for your tastes? Or do you love it as much as I do? 🙂