How to Sew A Rainbow Apron

/, Sewing/How to Sew A Rainbow Apron

How to Sew A Rainbow Apron

1. I bought a new sewing machine! It’s the Brother CS6000i. After our move, I needed something basic to sew with and researched a great sewing/quilting machine and voila. This little beauty is fantastic and highly recommended, so get yourself one if you need a machine. Got mine on Amazon.

2. I am wild about rainbow things and randomly bought a pack of batik fabrics from Wal-Mart. Gasp! Stunning, I know.

3. What to make, what to make?

4. An apron!

how to sew apron

5. I used this pattern: McCall’s 2947. Β And followed the instructions. Nothing fancy. You’ll need some fusible web. Amazing stuff. And interfacing. It’s a basic pattern. My only training was home ec way back in the day, so if I can do it, you can too.

6. The only real modifications I had to make were piecing several scraps of fabric together to make large enough pieces for the pattern. Also, the skirt front is half the actual width it was supposed to be (so I just ruffled it less) since I completely ran out of fabric.

7.Β This was my first project on this machine and I plan on sewing a ton more now that we’re all settled in North Carolina. Love it here, btw!

8. Why, yes, I always wear a long, flowing dress and heels in the kitchen. πŸ˜‰

how to sew rainbow apron

9. So what do ya think??? Is it too crazy for your tastes? Or do you love it as much as I do? πŸ™‚

XOXOXO

By | 2017-09-04T14:04:52+00:00 March 10th, 2015|Finished Objects, Sewing|22 Comments

1. Diana March 11, 2015 at 2:09 am - Reply

I love your apron it’s beautiful and very colorful. I made everyone in my family reversible aprons for Christmas one side is for the girls (wines & wine glasses) and the reverse side is for the guys ( pepers) They all just loved them and it was a lot of fun making them.

2. Mandy Poje March 11, 2015 at 5:05 am - Reply

I LOVE IT~

3. Sharon March 11, 2015 at 5:27 am - Reply

super cute ❀️ I have a brand new sewing machine that I haven’t taken out of the box. Waiting for my move to the Seattle area.

4. Kymber March 11, 2015 at 10:18 am - Reply

I love it!!!! I just got a new sewing machine and gave my daughter one of my old ones…she can wait until I die to get my 1930’s Singer…I plan to teach her how to sew by making aprons and pillows. They are the best beginner projects, I taught myself on a little portable and my mother in law was so impressed she bought me a full size Brother, they are such great machines. My husband recently bought me a limited edition Project Runway…absolutely addicted to that show…Brother machine, yes I loved my first Brother so much I replaced it with another πŸ™‚ Can’t wait to see all the fun things you do with your new toy!!!!!

5. Mandy L March 11, 2015 at 10:51 am - Reply

Beautiful! πŸ™‚

6. Jean March 11, 2015 at 10:59 am - Reply

I love it, love the colors and love the hearts on the pockets!!!!! Love everything about it.

7. kathyinozarks March 11, 2015 at 12:45 pm - Reply

I love it!

8. Paulette Tubbs March 11, 2015 at 3:27 pm - Reply

The more batiks the better. I love using them in quilts as often as the budget allows. Now that is what you need to work at sewing a quilt. So much fun to do when I’m not using some of your luscious yarns for other projects. Enjoy all the crafts using needles!

9. Cat C March 11, 2015 at 4:44 pm - Reply

Way fancier than the one I made in my beginner sewing class! I LOVE IT πŸ™‚ I too have the same machine and love it. Just be cautious over time and watch your tension. Might need to get a “tune up” once a year πŸ˜‰ Happy sewing πŸ™‚

10. Dorothy March 11, 2015 at 5:04 pm - Reply

Love it… and love the batik fabric

I sew as well as knit, and crochet, and paint a little and dabble at other arts for the home…
    Dot

11. Ruth R. March 11, 2015 at 8:26 pm - Reply

Chandi, you look adorable!! Absolutely adorable! And I’m sure you DO love North Carolina! It’s beautiful, and I miss that part of the country sooo much! Enjoy it for me!

12. Stacy March 11, 2015 at 9:09 pm - Reply

I love it! Very inspiring!

13. Lori-Lynette Mumford March 13, 2015 at 3:06 pm - Reply

Chandi the kitchen goddess look with the wild apron made me laugh out loud!!! Love it!!! Plus the BOHO shawl is way sexy sasy cool!

14. Beth March 19, 2015 at 6:46 pm - Reply

Love the apron and the gorgeous batik you used!!
    Aprons should be fun, not boring and this one just yells “happy, happy.”

15. Maria Vargas March 20, 2015 at 4:18 pm - Reply

Hi, Chandi πŸ™‚ Can you teach us , your viewers, how to make a scarf and advise us what is the best yarn to use to crochet a scarft ? Please, Please ? Thank you πŸ˜€

16. Nikita March 24, 2015 at 8:01 pm - Reply

So cute!

17. Billie Bushika March 27, 2015 at 1:12 pm - Reply

Maybe your next venture could be to make your own batik fabrics. We did it in highschool and it was amazingly fun and gratifying to see what you can create.

• Chandi March 27, 2015 at 4:25 pm - Reply

I did it in middle school and loved it! I really have been considering dyeing fabric lately and need to just get started again. πŸ™‚

18. Billie Bushika March 27, 2015 at 1:13 pm - Reply

PS…the apron is great!

19. heidi March 30, 2015 at 11:14 am - Reply

I think it is great.
    Just realized I am a blog idiot, I saw the free yarn thing, it would be awesome, I want to do Hats for the giving tree next winter. Not sure where I was supposed to post that.

20. Stacy Wilson March 31, 2015 at 8:11 pm - Reply

I think its amazing. You are an inspiration.

21. Carol O April 12, 2015 at 11:02 pm - Reply

Adorable! I think I have some of that purple material in my fabric stash…was going to make a wrap with frayed and knotted ends.