Free Crochet Latte Headband Pattern

/, Crochet Patterns, Finished Objects, Sock Yarn/Free Crochet Latte Headband Pattern

Free Crochet Latte Headband Pattern

A free crocheted cute-as-all-get-out headband pattern for you today.

I admit it. I love coffee. A grande latte from Starbucks is my drink of choice.

I also love making a latte by hand every morning for my handsome fella and myself. And some coffee alternative Teeccino when I don’t want any more caffeine. So yum.

free easy beginner level crochet headband pattern

So it stands to reason I’d eventually have a yarn and pattern based on this favorite drink of mine! (Side note. If you’re wondering about that cute crocheted basket on the table… my sis made that for me. She sells all kinds of beautiful items here.)

free crocheted latte headband coffee pattern

YARN: This is our new Resilient superwash merino wool sock yarn in colorway LATTE… OH. MY. GAWD. Long story short… I’ve always wanted to offer this type of sock yarn… round, plump, verrrry stretchy and elastic (it boings back into place, like a good sock yarn should), in a fine micron merino wool so is super soft and is machine-washable. So if your hand-made beauties get accidentally tossed into the washer and dryer, they will survive. Whew! We had the mill spin this custom yarn for our company and we LOVE it.

best superwash merino wool yarn best sock yarn to knit with latte sock yarn

Here are the yarn specs:

•Perfect for hand-knit socks, shawls, modern baby clothes and hats, accessories, mittens, stuffed animals and anything else you can think of!!

“RESILIENT” SUPERWASH MERINO WOOL SOCK YARN – our signature sock yarn! After years of using various sock yarns, I had the mill spin up this custom yarn for us, which embodies everything you’d want in an ideal sock yarn:

•4-ply : Results in round, defined, beautiful stitches. The more plies the better for items that will get lots of wear like socks. Your projects will last and last with very little pilling, strand breaking or wearing thin.
•BOUNCE FACTOR – this yarn is BOINGY! It has a ton of memory, or “resilience” (thus the name), which is ideal for socks since it stretches but bounces right back to its original length. Perfect!
•Fingering Weight: Perfect for hand-knit socks, but also virtually any other accessory you want to make, like hats, scarves and shawls, mittens, including baby and kid items. Wonderful for sweaters and other garments or even blankets! Sock yarn is so versatile and well-loved by many yarnies.
•Superwash Merino Wool = super soft, super fine wool. No itchiness here! Machine-washable! Hand-washing keeps your items looking the best the longest, but no worries if your socks accidently get tossed into the washer and dryer. They’ll be just fine and won’t felt or ruin. Whew.
•Yardage: 366 m/400 yd
•Weight: 4 oz (approx. 113 g)
•Recommended Knitting Needle Size: US 0-2
•Crochet Hook Size B-E

pattern for beginners easy crochet headband

PATTERN: Latte Headband – this was originally intended to be a hat. I stopped working on it for a day and realized… it wanted to be a headband. Let the yarn decide, I say! So headband it became.

free crochet headband pattern

This pattern (crocheted, btw), is:

•Beginner level. Easy. If you can do a double crochet, you’re golden.

•3 sizes – adult, pre-teen and baby/toddler. It’s stretchy, so the exact size isn’t crucial.

beginner level headband pattern crocheting

•FREE!! Yes. No charge for this one!

•FAST. Takes maybe a few hours?

•INEXPENSIVE. You only need a tiny bit of yarn really and can make many headbands out of one skein of this yarn.

free and easy headband pattern

•It’s designed to be used with our Resilient sock yarn for 2 reasons: 1. So the colors line up into stripes as shown. 2. So it’s really stretchy and bouncy and pounces back into shape without getting stretched out like a lot of yarns do. You can substitute another yarn if you like, but make sure it’s stretchy for sure. The colors may or may not line up, but if you’re okay with more of a variegated look, then you don’t need to worry about it.

how to crochet a headband for beginners

•Great for GIFTS. Whip out dozens of these if you like! They are stylish, wearable, soft, keep the ears nice and toasty without being HOT (I wear mine inside and outside and always feel comfortable), lightweight (cheap to ship to friends and family!) and just all around CUTE. What’s not to love?

free crocheted head band pattern

To grab the free pattern, just click here.

free crocheted pattern headband

LATTE: And now. For my latte recommendations.

Every morning I awake. Get dressed. And prance into the kitchen to make lattes.

After moving into our new house here in Charlotte, NC (loving the city), I realized we needed a coffee pot, so researched the best.

I decided on a Chemex. Supposedly it makes some of the most amazing coffee and their filters take out all the bitter oils and you’re left with smooth, delicious coffee.

chemex coffee pot review

The verdict? It’s true. We LOVE IT.

STEPS:

1. I heat up 2 cups of water on the stove while getting the cups and saucers and Chemex ready.

2. When just about to boil (about 200 degrees), I drizzle a bit of the water over the coffee grounds (freshly ground is best and we are loving the Allegro brand from Whole Foods right now… we do half decaf and half regular) to moisten them.

3. 30 seconds later, I drizzle in more water and continue to do so until it’s all filtered down through the grounds.

4. As it’s draining down, I’m also whisking milk in another skillet over low heat, making frothy goodness.

5. Once the coffee is done filtering, I throw away the grounds and filter and pour the coffee into our cups.

6. Then I grab a spoon, pour the hot milk into each cup and then lay the foam on top gently.

Voila. DE-licious coffee.

latte how to make an amazing one

When I want coffee during the day but don’t want any more caffeine, I use Teeccino. It’s AMAZING. It tastes so delicious you’ll be in shock. It’s a coffee alternative brand I discovered a few months ago and they have all types of flavors. Look for it at Whole Foods or your grocery store or you can order online from their website.

So there you have it!

All about the LATTE…

I admit, I ran to Starbucks and got one right before writing this post. AH! Addicted? Yup. Happily so.

And now I’m off to continue to design the next project… a butterfly and bobbles knit hat made from pure silk. HELLO. The fun never ends around here. I’m obviously also obsessed with yarn. Can you tell?

If you want to be notified when that pattern is ready, just make sure you’re signed up to our email newsletter!

THANK YOU!!!

Talk to you soon.

how to crochet free headband pattern

how to crochet a headband for beginners

By | 2017-09-04T14:05:00+00:00 November 18th, 2014|Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Finished Objects, Sock Yarn|55 Comments

1. Nikole November 19, 2014 at 11:16 am - Reply

i can’t download after purchase.

• Chandi November 19, 2014 at 1:31 pm - Reply

Sorry for that! You can login to your account on the website and view your orders and it will show you the download link. If you still have troubles, just send an email and we can send it to you directly. Thanks! Chandi

2. Elizabeth November 20, 2014 at 2:39 pm - Reply

Question: how many skeins to make a scarf from this lovely yarn?

3. Susan Butler November 21, 2014 at 6:18 pm - Reply

It will not download from my order page. I also couldn’t remember my password so I signed in as guest. Now I’m getting two of every email from you. Please don’t be offended when I cancel one. I obviously used a different email on my yarn order. I love your yarn and your work.

Can you email the pattern to me?
    Susan

• Chandi November 23, 2014 at 3:13 pm - Reply

Susan, sure! I’ll send it right over. Thank you! Chandi

4. kimari wright November 21, 2014 at 7:32 pm - Reply

You should save your used coffee grounds for use in the garden and especially your flowers. Mixing it in with the dirt has made more hearty plants that produce more and bigger. Really good for roses too. 🙂

5. Liz November 21, 2014 at 8:43 pm - Reply

I love your writing in the blog… it was fun to read. Now, to get my free pattern & use some of my sock yarn!

6. Lisa November 22, 2014 at 3:02 am - Reply

I click on download the pattern and nothing happens, i’ve done everything it asks, but pattern for Crochet Latte Headband doesn’t appear or download.

• Chandi November 23, 2014 at 3:13 pm - Reply

Sorry about that, Lisa! Just shoot me an email and I’ll send it to you. Thank you so much! Chandi

7. Nancy November 24, 2014 at 2:42 am - Reply

Hi Chandi, really love this headband but it won’t let me download the free pattern:) Thanks

• Chandi November 26, 2014 at 2:41 pm - Reply

Sure! I emailed it to you! Have fun! Chandi

8. Melissa Starnes November 24, 2014 at 2:17 pm - Reply

Chandi, Can you email me the free Crochet Latte Headband pattern? I can’t get it to download. Thanks, it is so beautiful. Also, thanks because I learned to crochet from your youtube videos. I love it so much!

• Chandi November 26, 2014 at 2:40 pm - Reply

Yes! I emailed it to you! Hope you enjoy it. Chandi

9. Lena November 29, 2014 at 4:02 am - Reply

I just discovered you on YouTube this evening. Im trying to teach myself to knit & crochet (I’m starting with knitting) :). I Can’t seem to load your knitting for beginners video 🙁 but enjoyed watching a few of your other ones :). Anyway, the headband is super cute but I can’t stop looking at that gorgeous sweater!!! Do you have a pattern for that!? Currently I have a lady I get to knit all my knit-wish-list items ;). This is why I must learn myself 🙂 thanks! Great vids & blog!

• Chandi December 1, 2014 at 2:24 pm - Reply

Thanks, Lena! The sweater was from Marshalls, actually!

10. Pam November 30, 2014 at 6:51 pm - Reply

Hi Chandi,
    Loving your Latte headband this morning and will certainly make some for Christmas ! I also Love the sweater that you have on. Do you have the pattern and what yarn is used? It looks sooooooo comply! Thanks so much for your beautiful yarn & blog!

• Chandi December 1, 2014 at 2:23 pm - Reply

Thanks, Pam! The sweater was from Marshalls. 🙂

11. jenny December 4, 2014 at 2:48 pm - Reply

I just love your blog.

Please keep it going!

So fun to read.

So full of beautiful things.

12. donna December 7, 2014 at 10:30 pm - Reply

I went thru order process for headband pattern.. then it wouldn’t give me an active link to download the pattern.

• Chandi December 18, 2014 at 7:56 pm - Reply

I’m sorry for that, Donna! I’ll email it to you. 🙂 Thanks for letting me know! Chandi

13. marla masterson December 12, 2014 at 9:39 am - Reply

latte headband pattern will not download from my order page. I also couldn’t remember my password so I signed in as guest.

Can you email me the pattern?

Marla

• Chandi December 18, 2014 at 7:55 pm - Reply

Sorry about that, Marla! I’m happy to send it to your email!

14. Jolene December 14, 2014 at 8:54 pm - Reply

Hi Chandi,
    I just wanted to write a little note saying how much I love your website. I love drooling over your beautiful yarns but unfortunately my financial situation is still stuck at the Walmart stage when it comes to how much I can spend on yarn. However I get so much inspiration from your site and what you are creating. I wish you the best.

Jolene

15. Elizabeth January 27, 2015 at 11:13 pm - Reply

Hi! This is so cool! Would you please email me the pattern? Thanks so much!

Elizabeth

16. […] The free pattern for this headwrap can be found here. […]

17. vivian peacock February 12, 2015 at 1:54 am - Reply

Love this pattern, would like to make it

18. Carrie Ferrier February 20, 2015 at 12:22 am - Reply

Hi Chandi!
    Thank you for the pattern for this adorable headband!!! I’ve just been crocheting for 3 months now and am excited about making this. I’m finding that starting out with making smaller projects builds my confidence and builds my growing excitement for the hobby. This pattern/project is awesome!!!

Question, is the yard you suggest be a good choice for baby afghans? I’m looking for the perfectly soft yarn to make a baby afghan for my first grandbaby coming soon. I bought some “made for baby blankets” yarn at my local Hobby Lobby. As I was working with it, it soon became worn looking and began pilling. I’m desperately looking for the right yarn. I would love your expert input. Thank you so much!!
    Carrie F.
    perlgirl3@gmail.com

• Chandi February 20, 2015 at 2:29 pm - Reply

Yep! This would be great for a baby afghan. The yarn is machine washable which is ideal for items needing frequent washing. Since the yarn is fingering weight, it is perfect for creating baby items. Hope this helps.

– Chandi-

19. Siofra June 25, 2015 at 2:30 am - Reply

Hallo Chandi, love your blog n works! Would you send me a copy of this pattern please? thank you very much!

20. Kimmy September 14, 2015 at 4:06 am - Reply

I have signed up but don’t seem to receive the email to finish the registration

• Chandi September 17, 2015 at 11:04 pm - Reply

Sorry about that, Kimmy. Just send me an email through the website if you continue to have troubles!

21. Jeanette September 14, 2015 at 4:35 am - Reply

Could you please email me the HeadBand Pattern

22. Victoria October 2, 2015 at 4:59 am - Reply

Hi Chandi! Can you please email me the latte headband pattern? I checked out as a guest and did not recurve the pattern. I am signed up for the newsletter now though. So I’m happy. ☺

• Chandi October 8, 2015 at 12:17 am - Reply

Yes, I’ll get it sent over. Thanks!

23. Margaret Conrad October 13, 2015 at 4:21 pm - Reply

I just received my first yarn, and I feel stupid, I can’t figure out how to start or even find an end on my yarn. Can you explain how I start?

24. Becky October 27, 2015 at 11:34 pm - Reply

I’m loving this pattern, but when I chained 114, it seemed much too big. Far too big to fit around my head, and I have a pretty big head. I’m using sock weight yarn and a 3.25 mmm hook. Is there something I’m missing reading the pattern?

25. Lindzay February 13, 2016 at 9:09 pm - Reply

Chandi,

Went through the process to get your pattern and did not receive an email with the link. Would you mind sending it again please? Thank you

• Chandi February 16, 2016 at 6:57 pm - Reply

Sure thing! I emailed it to you. Thanks!

26. Michelle May 7, 2016 at 4:59 am - Reply

Head band pattern……Hello! Love your work and signed up. But cant get the headband pattern? Could you email it to me please and also is the latte yarn you used still available? Thank you, Michelle

• Chandi May 19, 2016 at 1:30 pm - Reply

Sure, will email it to you. Thanks!

27. Juanita bowens June 27, 2016 at 5:03 am - Reply

Hi ,I’ve been having trouble getting your pattern for the head band as well . Is there there any way I could get it emailed as well thank you . …..

28. Denise February 14, 2017 at 7:40 pm - Reply

Hi, I just love this headband but cannot get the pattern. I see where you have sent the pattern to others, I would love to have it too. Thanks in advance, Denise.

29. Ashley March 13, 2017 at 8:09 pm - Reply

Can u please email me this pattern it’s beautiful!

30. Kaylie Jarrell April 17, 2017 at 2:39 am - Reply

I downloaded the pattern from you but i cant seem to find that color yarn. Did you guys stop making it or is it expected to be sold soon??? I love that color yarn and would love to buy it.

• Chandi April 20, 2017 at 12:47 pm - Reply

We hope to make some more soon!

31. Tara August 21, 2017 at 1:37 am - Reply

Hi
    I couldn’t download the pattern, could you please send me by email