Finished Object Inspiration – Julietta Shawl Pattern

/, Crochet Patterns, Finished Objects, Scarves and Cowls/Finished Object Inspiration – Julietta Shawl Pattern

Finished Object Inspiration – Julietta Shawl Pattern

I found this beautiful Julietta shawl pattern while scrolling through Ravelry the other day and just HAD to make it…

I wanted something feminine and tranquil, soft and beautiful, flowing and lightweight…something perfect for spring/summer weather.

how to crochet a shawl

And that’s exactly what it turned out to be. I. Am. In. Love.

But I’m not keeping it. Nope. I actually secretly made it for… my MOM for Mother’s Day! It’s been sent off and I hope she LOVES IT! Happy Mother’s Day, MOM! I love you more than words can say!

how to crochet a shawl

how to crochet a shawl

Here are the specs:

YARN: My luscious yak-silk in colorway RADIANT ORCHID (based on Pantone’s 2014 Color of the Year). So vibrant and delicious… a shimmering pinkish purple. I only used one skein, although the pattern showed it would take two (based off the yardage) because… I didn’t crochet the final bottom edging. More info on that soon. (If you don’t see that colorway listed, it has already sold out).

PATTERN: Julietta by Bernadette Ambergen… I started off by reading the written instructions in the pattern, but quickly just switched over to using the chart given as I found it much easier to memorize. After several pattern repeats, I had the pattern memorized and just continued on. I’d give this an intermediate rating… it wasn’t difficult, but I wouldn’t recommend it to a beginner, unless you’re really adventurous!
how to crochet a shawl

HOOK: G (4.0mm) like the pattern calls for

MODIFICATIONS: I thought I was finished and then realized I still had a whole bottom edging to go. EGADS, I said! No way! I am DONE! So I just skipped the bottom edging and thought it was just as beautiful. Whew. Sanity saved! I was into a week and a half on this project and after a week I start to get bored, twitchy and lusty after other projects.

how to crochet a shawl

DETAILS: I have to say… this is like a CLOUD. It weighs next to nothing (under 3 oz) and just floats across the skin. The yarn has a luxurious sheen to it which catches the light without being overly shiny. And soft, soft, soft.

All in all, I am in love with this item!  The color POPS like a bright purple orchid on a gray, rainy day…

how to crochet a shawl

Oh, if you didn’t notice… I had a hair dyeing accident last weekend! I wanted to go from dark, GREENISH blond (ugh) to brown and I read you should dye it red first. Well, the red took, but the brown didn’t. So I am now a flaming red head. HAHA! I love changing hair colors and I love NOT going to a salon. Call me weird, but I just like to do it myself.

how to crochet a shawl

how to crochet a shawl

So let me know what you think! Do you love this shawl? Would you wear it? Make it? What about the color? I want your opinion! Have a chat below by commenting and telling me your thoughts! I LOVE reading them all!!  XOXOXO

how to crochet a shawl

how to crochet a shawl

Chandi – your little yarn-obsessed buddy

By | 2017-09-04T14:05:01+00:00 May 10th, 2014|Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Finished Objects, Scarves and Cowls|34 Comments

1. Floy Dean May 10, 2014 at 11:05 pm - Reply

You are a gorgeous red head – keep it red. BTW love the shawl

2. Sharon Moreland May 11, 2014 at 12:14 am - Reply

Love the hair color on you! And the shawl is gorgeous! Looks like it might be too hard for me. I’m still a beginner in crochet. One day, maybe. I also adore the color of the yarn.

3. Vanessa A May 11, 2014 at 12:29 am - Reply

I think the shawl came out beautifully in the orchid. However, I believe that the shawl would look just as stunning in any color. As for the dying “accident”, heh, it looks great as is but I have a feeling as it washes & grows out, the color is going to look even better on you.

4. angela May 11, 2014 at 12:35 am - Reply

Absolutely LOVE it! The color is stunning on you and the pattern is beautiful. I really want to make one now!!!
    By the way, I love you hair. I had mine that color a coulpe of years ago and I have been thinking about trying it again. You are so inspiring!!!!

5. Brenda King-Holley May 11, 2014 at 12:54 am - Reply

Chandi – I AM making it myself, using your Radiant Orchid yarn! I haven’t decided whether to add that bottom border or not, if I don’t then I probably have enough left over to make another shawl, if I do then I won’t. We’ll see. Your mom is going to be ecstatic to see all the effort and love you put into this!

6. Debbie May 11, 2014 at 1:26 am - Reply

Chandi, Your shawl is lovely and the colour is beautiful! Your Mom is one lucky lady and I’m sure she will be thrilled with her Mother’s Day gift! I also adore the colour of your hair! I’m a bit jealous!! I have become very allergic to hair colour over the years and can no longer use it. I have not yet learned to embrace my gray but I’m trying! 🙂

7. joci pearl May 11, 2014 at 3:16 am - Reply

I love the shawl and the color us amazing. I am a purple person and cannot have too much purple. I love your blog and all of your insight into everything fiber. I love yarn the feel and texture of all different sizes and textures.

8. Patt May 11, 2014 at 3:55 am - Reply

Love the shawl!!Love the pattern I think I may give this a try. Love the hair color. Have a lovely weekend and your mom is one lucky lady!

9. marcia May 11, 2014 at 10:26 am - Reply

Years a go I had a small farm, we had sheep, which became lambs, which became wool, then yarn, then an afgan, soft and warm. that is why I love fiber. It has all the memories all woven in.

10. sandra owens May 11, 2014 at 3:12 pm - Reply

I love the color. It’s cheery, yet Ellegant. I would definitely wear this.

11. Sue May 12, 2014 at 8:46 pm - Reply

This must be my day for the word “LOVE” as this is the only thing I think of when I this……Have already purchased the pattern and will be starting it today….I am so excited to see this. Will have to let you know which one of your wonderful yarns I’m going to use….have to go look. Just itching to get going. Thank you for all the beauty you create in your e-mails. Was planning to mop the kitchen floor today but have just found a much better pass time…..LOL….Thank you….Hugs & Happiness

12. Liz Williams May 12, 2014 at 11:18 pm - Reply

Got pattern & I’m doing my in Deep Waters – Yak-Slik Lace wt. It’s a deep blues.
    Love your and I’m sure your Mom will too.

13. Jacqueline May 13, 2014 at 1:48 am - Reply

May just have to give this try with one of your yarns in my stash.
    You are such a good daughter, I know your Mom will love the shawl.
    The hair colour looks great on you btw.
    Thanks for all the creative inspiration!

14. Julia K May 13, 2014 at 1:59 am - Reply

Hi! Your yarns and projects are lovely!
    I have seen other dyers offer up the images they use as inspiration (orchids, calico cats, other flowers 🙂 ) but somehow I am connecting with yours more than ever.

I found you through this project: I’m a Berniolie shawl pattern fan, and your Julietta stands out!

Anyways, nice to find you and your inspiring works. I’ll be back.

Julia K in Austin, TX – “Where magic is real and dreams come true!”

15. Dorothy May 13, 2014 at 2:04 am - Reply

I love this pattern, and love that you took a week and a half of your life to make it for your Mom. Love the yarn you chose, but not my colour. It looks good on you. Just not my cuppa for colour. I bet it would be beautiful in any colour though….

I enjoy watching your projects, and am incredibly surprised with the speed you do projects. That would have taken me a year. And one of these days I am going to buy your book and try to capture some of your ideas and start my own business. Love ya, Dorothy From Ontario

16. Elizabeth Humphries May 13, 2014 at 10:08 am - Reply

Hi Chandi I love the shawl and the hair colour, it’s so inspiring to see your work. I just bought some furry yarn to make a teddy bear I think it will be very soft and cuddly. Keep up the dying and your projects.
    Liz

17. bb May 13, 2014 at 2:10 pm - Reply

Love the shawl! Being an ancient redhead that was once the color of yours, I love the (hair) color on you!…although I would choose slightly different shades (of yarn) were I to do the shawl for me; it’d be great on most people.

18. Janet GIlbert May 21, 2014 at 4:30 am - Reply

I would love to crotchet that shawl. How can I get the pattern and some yarn? THank you

19. Dawn June 8, 2014 at 2:38 am - Reply

Love the shawl! It’s gorgeous and goes so well with your red hair .
    Stay a redhead! What was the shawl pattern called?
    I would love to make it too.

• Chandi June 12, 2014 at 3:55 pm - Reply

This is the Julietta shawl. 🙂

20. boom beach ios cheat June 10, 2014 at 2:02 pm - Reply

I seriously love your website.. Great colors & theme.
    Did you create this web site yourself? Please reply back as I’m planning to create my own personal site and want to know where you
    got this from or exactly what the theme is called.
    Kudos!

• Chandi June 12, 2014 at 3:55 pm - Reply

The theme is called Thesis and I designed it myself. 🙂

21. Connie Mosel June 23, 2014 at 2:14 am - Reply

You are absolutely drop dead gorgeous!

22. Judy June 23, 2014 at 6:07 pm - Reply

I love the everything about the shawl, espically the colour! Also love the red hair on you, looks gorgeous and very natural

23. Vicky Tooley July 17, 2014 at 5:48 pm - Reply

It’s just beautiful Chandi! You picked the perfect color for this project:-)

24. Lea July 24, 2014 at 11:14 pm - Reply

The hair and the shawl are phenomenol! You are very versatile!

25. Carolee Brown September 30, 2014 at 2:02 am - Reply

Hi, i just saw this again and thought I would respond. The lavender shawl is the one I want to try/ I love the color which you say is no longer available but I’m sure I have something I bought from you will work. I am still looking for the pattern on Ravelry. I also loved your hair red but you are beautiful whatever color you choose.

Take care,

Carolee

26. Linda November 22, 2014 at 3:38 pm - Reply

Chandi,

I’m thinking of making this shawl in your new “peacock feather” yarn. What do you think? I’m thinking it would require 2 skeins?

I really appreciate your thoughts.

• Chandi November 23, 2014 at 3:12 pm - Reply

Linda, yes, that would work and look beautiful!

27. Dori February 27, 2015 at 3:23 pm - Reply

Love this! You are so talented….I’m going to try this!

28. Anne Westbrook Mursin March 2, 2015 at 1:34 pm - Reply

Sweet and sexy!

29. Erdene Greene March 9, 2015 at 1:28 am - Reply

Hello Chandi,
    Please post the step by step instructions of this beautiful Julietta scarf, I would love to make it for myself,. when I went on Ravelry.com to find the pattern, it was difficult to navigate their web site,

God Bless You!!!
    Thanks
    Erdene

• Susie June 12, 2016 at 5:25 pm - Reply

when on Ravelry, on the left, narrow your search to crocheting. In the search box, put in the name of the pattern you are looking for. It should pop up …

It does take a little playing with, but once you have been on the site and played with it for a short while, it becomes easier …

don’t forget, when Chandi, made it, she left the last of the ruffle off, so the pattern does not look exactly like what is pictured here … there is a cost for the pattern, but if you have a Paypal acct … it is super simple!

happy creating!
      Susie

30. Susie June 12, 2016 at 5:13 pm - Reply

Hi …
    First: I stumbled across your yarn on Facebook and had to check out your “Birthstone inspired” yarns (my b-day is in June) and when I clicked on the link, I could not believe the beauty of your yarns!
    Second: This pattern is stunning! I’m a knitter, so making it would be difficult at best but that does not detract from the beauty.
    Last: Being new, I have no idea what color your hair had been, but you are even more stunning than your shawl or the yarn you have created ….
    I look forward to following your website, your posts and new creations you create.
    a yarn lover too,